Why are sellers from China adding up to 2 months delivery time, usually around 15 days

So i buy an item on the 26 Sept for delivery date between the 22nd Oct - 27 Nov, they are fairly sure of getting Pos feedback on postage time as that is what they have declared, as I have had items within 15 days from China is this a new scam for getting that Pos feedback?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why are sellers from China adding up to 2 months delivery time, usually around 15 days

How is it a scam?

If they state their estimated delivery upfront, then buyers know what they are letting themselves in for.

Are you scamming by posting this in Technical Issues, when it is neither Technical nor an issue?

Off-topic. I am bemused the way people throw the term 'scam' around. It would appear they don't know what the word means.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Delivery dates are set by eBay and NOT the Seller.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay fabricates the estimated delivery date by using the Australia Post estimate and adding the seller's handling time.

If you want to increase the estimated delivery date you can increase your handling time.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@macca_3 wrote:

So i buy an item on the 26 Sept for delivery date between the 22nd Oct - 27 Nov, they are fairly sure of getting Pos feedback on postage time as that is what they have declared, as I have had items within 15 days from China is this a new scam for getting that Pos feedback?

They declare it because that could well be what  it takes to reach you. It's not a scam. Just because you may have received some items in 15 days doesn't mean you can rely on that always being the case. I've usually had things from China take pretty well the whole month or more.

If the ETA is between 22 Oct-27 Nov, then you can't count on it being a day earlier.

The seller is being honest with you. As for what feedback you give, that is up to you, they can't count on anything positive, though if it arrives in the ETA, you have no cause to complain about postage time.

But Chinese items can be slow. If time matters to you, buy from Australia. That's what I prefer for most things.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

They're most likely sick of refunding for items that don't arrive within a shorter time frame, or they don't want disappointed customers who've had to wait a bit longer to receive things.

Huge sellers in all countries often have quite a long handling time because it gives them a bit of leeway if they suddenly get a huge rush of orders and can't get them all out within a couple of days. It doesn't make sense for them to pay extra staff to get things out within a day when they have a rush of orders and then have them standing around the rest of the time when it's a bit quieter. I occasionally buy from a huge seller in the US with a long handling time but things are usually posted within a few days.

@dave, it seems that to most people who use the word scam in the forums it means "something that's not done how I want it done".
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply