Why can't I email eBay?

I'd like to email eBay with a suggestion but there is no way to do this. I don't have the time to chat or phone & a simple email would be best. My suggestion is that the sellers identify themselves on the posted item. I have no idea who the items are from when I receive them & this is a problem. If I need an item in a hurry I sometimes order the same item from 2 sellers because it can take 2 months or more to receive them. For example - I needed some zip ties in a hurry so I placed 2 orders, 1 has arrived but I have no idea who it is from so I can't leave feedback & I don't know who is the fastest to order from in the future. The only information on the package is in Chinese so I don't know if the sellers name is there or not. Is it possible for eBay to require the sellers to include their trading name in the package?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Why can't I email eBay?

Even if ebay did respond to your email (which is very unlikely as it is manned by bots) it is more than likely you would only get an automated response which has nothing to do with what you asked

Could you in the 'note to seller' section ask if they can include their ebay username on the back of the package?

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Why can't I email eBay?

Pretty silly omission from the sellers for exactly the reason you've described. You'd better put in an INR report for both sellers since you don't know which it is!

I have a little 1/2 bussines-card sized note I include with any items I sell with a short thank you message on it and my eBay user name, so the receiver knows who the item is from. The might be able to tell from the return address on the postage label, but my little note in with item makes sure they do.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

Why can't I email eBay?

Geez, if I needed cable ties that quickly, I'd have just gone to Bunnings, the local hardware shop, or even just the local supermarket. Most people live pretty close to the supermarket. 

FYI, I never put my username with my parcels. The best a buyer can hope for is my first name. It's my choice what I put on a parcel. Nothing to do with eBay. I also highly doubt that would ever be a requirement of selling. Not my fault if a seller can't keep track of what they have bought from whom.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Why can't I email eBay?

LOL... I was just thinking the same thing, Tippy....

............needed zip ties quickly, orders them from China!!!  

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

some folk!!  LOL

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Why can't I email eBay?

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

...Not my fault if a seller can't keep track of what they have bought from whom.

Do you mean 'buyer' ?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Why can't I email eBay?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, thank you. Teach me not to read over my post before submitting!

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

Why can't I email eBay?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@2stephenwolf27 wrote:

I'd like to email eBay with a suggestion but there is no way to do this. I don't have the time to chat or phone & a simple email would be best.

There is no reason in the world that you cannot email ebay....if you want to wait for ages for an answer that will probably have nothing to do with what you emailed about.

A phone call would probably take no longer than emailing and at least you would be speaking to a person who would probably be able to give you an answer on the spot.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Why can't I email eBay?

Very true. A chicken with an iPad would give a better answer than the bot at the other end of ebay email

IF you get a response at all this is

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

Why can't I email eBay?

@enigmabear wrote:

Very true. A chicken with an iPad would give a better answer than the bot at the other end of ebay email

IF you get a response at all this is

Or a chicken on a raft. ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply