Why does Ebay allow Sellers to phone threaten there customers, and allow bad feedback be taken down.

Anonymous
Not applicable

+Made personal complain to ebay about phone threat of violence from seller after leaving bad but fair feedback. When I went to that seller feedback profile I noted the feedback had been taken down and the seller rewarded with a higher feedback score. Should this this seller follow through with his stated threats and ebay willingly allowed for this to occur, does that make them Liable ? And what if this seller hurts some one else who should, Heaven forbid complain about his service. Ebay acted within 12 Hours of my complaint, to ensure seller was placated. Hope you made the right decision Ebay, I fear not

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why does Ebay allow Sellers to phone threaten there customers, and allow bad feedback be taken down.

Member to member forum here

Nobody here is responsible for eBay did/did'nt do

Have you reported these threats to the police?

Since you say the seller made threats of violence towards yourself and you believe they may also be violent  towards others that should be the priority rather than anything else 

eBay are'nt going to be 'keeping anyone safe' feedback removal or not 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

There are three sides to any story.

What the buyer says happened.

What the seller says happened.

What really happened.

How about sharing the reason for "leaving bad but fair feedback".

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

did you take a screenshot before removal?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

kermit2023
Community Member

I’m really sorry you had to go through that. 
No one should feel threatened from Sellers who disagree with feedback. 
Unfortunately, Sellers can and do have neg feedback removed. 
You mentioned that eBay acted on your complaint to ensure the seller was placated. What did eBay do to achieve this? And how do you know about it? 

What happened with the transaction that made you give bad but fair feedback? 
Are you eligible for eBay’s MBG? (Or has too much time past) 

I think we need more details to this story. I’m invested now 😀

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

No seller should ever ring and threaten violence over a transaction.

Unfortunately, because it was over the phone, there is no proof as such and I am sure the seller would now deny it.

I very much doubt the seller will take any violent action against you though because now, as you say, he has been placated. He has had the neg feedback removed. That seems to be what was driving him.

All the same, if he did threaten violence, you would be withi your rights to report him to the police. I am not sure if they would actually act upon it but if it is on record and the seller does it again to someone else, well, there is evidence then of a pattern. You could also report back to ebay about making a police complaint and send a copy of any report and they may take this more seriously.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

To break your headline down.   

Ebay or no one else allows anyone to ring and threaten you,  that becomes a police matter not an Ebay matter.  I have read Ebay policies and no where does it say you as a seller or buyer are welcome to threaten another party.

Ebay has some guidleines around what feedback can and cant be left,  so it depends on how you worded your feedback, it may have broken the policy.  What did you actually say?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply