Why has eBay closed my case even though I have proof of returning the item which I received but did

Why has ebay closed my case when I have proof of returning the shipment.

It has stated that I cannot get my money back but I can keep the goods

How can I keep the goods when I have proof I have lodged it with the Post Office

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why has eBay closed my case even though I have proof of returning the item which I received but did

Have you asked ebay?

We are all just members like yourself here, so we have no idea of the details of your case

Ebay VERY rarely close anything in favour of a seller 

Did you follow the correct ebay procedure for returning the item?

If you can give us some information on what happened, one of the members here should be able to give you an answer

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@connie062008,

Did you provide the evidence of returning the item within the stated timeframe, by the stated method? You need to do so within the Resolution Centre, while the dispute is open, within the timeframe stated. You also need to ensure that you returned by trackable means, to the address shown. All this would have been mentioned in the dispute.

From what you have said (which isn't very detailed), you may not have followed the procedure. eBay's return procedure is entirely automated, so if you didn't do as instructed, in the way instructed and within the timeframe instructed, the process would automatically have closed in the seller's favour.

If you have the tracking number for the return, and can see from the tracking that the item has been delivered, then you may be able to get a discretionary refund from eBay. eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say:

We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply