Purchasing more than 1 item should be made clearer for sellers

9647ian
Community Member

I don't know how many times I have ordered 2 or more items from ebay sellers and they have only sent me 1. Then I have to make contact with the seller who usually states they did not see that I had ordered more than 1 item. They generally send me the additional items in due course, but this all wastes time and no doubt money for the sellers on postage. From now on if I want 2 or more items and the postage is free, I will buy the same item 2 or more times, rather than change the quantity in a single ad. At least by doing this the seller understands that the buyer requires more than 1 item. But obviously this can't be done if the seller has a fixed postage cost on each sale.

I wonder if ebay could alter their notifications on the orders for sellers to make it clearer when buyers order more than 1 item. Perhaps a big, bold sentence in red should appear on the order notification: "Please take note, this buyer has ordered more than one item!"

It would make life a lot less bothersome and frustrating for sellers and buyers alike.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

9647ian
Community Member

Oh that's right "Nobody from ebay actually reads these forums". LOL! Oh well, mine was a rant for what it's worth, and that is probably nothing. Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

It is actually very clearly stated as 2 or 3 when a buyer buys multiples.

And of course the amount is double or triple.

I can see how some sellers would just assume without looking at the eBay notification emails.

They may just get the address from the PayPal notification without checking quantities.

In this case wouldn't matter how bold it was put in eBay notifications.

Some sellers need to lift their game IMO.

image host
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Are you paying by Paypal?

If so, it would show the charge/cost when you go to pay, so even before hitting the confirm button you would know if you are only being charged for one item

I imagine it is the same for other ayment methods, but having not used them I can only comment for Paypal 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Bear, the problem is with the sellers.

Buyer buys 2 but OP has had several sellers only post one even though it's clearly shown in order details.

Some sellers just don't look at their invoices/orders well enough.

image host
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Ooops, I misread between the lines

*Bear had better also shuffle off to SpecSavers 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Make sure you ask for a pair.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Indeed. I am not a cyclops 

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Here we go, enigmabear...

cleanglasses.gif

It was about to be pince-nez, but when you clarified that you weren't a cyclops, that ruled it out.

Spoiler

Besides, there's that hilarious bit in QI ...

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Gotta love a bit of QI  Cat LOL

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply