Why is it a problem using my Post Office Box for deliveries? It is safe and reliable.

I am getting so cross with sellers refusing to deliver to my Post Office box for small to medium size items. It is my right as a buyer to nominate where I want my purchases delivered to. Post Offices are trustworthy, reliable and safe and, if I am away for any reason, they will hold parcels for me. Over the last week I have had to have 3 auctions cancelled as the sellers would not deliver as I wished. This is ridiculous.

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Why is it a problem using my Post Office Box for deliveries? It is safe and reliable.

@muffiemagic wrote:

I am getting so cross with sellers refusing to deliver to my Post Office box for small to medium size items. It is my right as a buyer to nominate where I want my purchases delivered to. Post Offices are trustworthy, reliable and safe and, if I am away for any reason, they will hold parcels for me. Over the last week I have had to have 3 auctions cancelled as the sellers would not deliver as I wished. This is ridiculous.

Perhaps the solution is to give your actual address as required by the seller (tho I agree PO Boxes in Aust should not be a problem)

Have a re-direction form completed at the PO - any mail for you to go to your PO box.  That way it is between you and your Post Office where your mail actually goes.

Message 11 of 46
Latest reply

Even the credit card issuers will not allow you to apply for a credit card without supplying a residential address with the

phrase in brackets on the application form (cannot be a po box) next to the registered billing address and ingeneral will

not even mail credit cards to PO boxes due to the high fraud risk.

so for the seller in Australia a PO box can never be the billing address of the cardholder

http://www.hsbc.com.au/1/PA_ES_Content_Mgmt/content/australia/common/pdf/personal/platinum-app-form....

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 12 of 46
Latest reply

i have my po box as my billing address and all my bank staements , cards etc go straight to my po box .

Message 13 of 46
Latest reply

Normally I don't have a problem, either domestically or internationally, but it is really annoying when it happens as there is no prior warning. Thanks for your reply.

Message 14 of 46
Latest reply

Hi, yes I understand if it is a courier, but my last three items were coming through the post.
Message 15 of 46
Latest reply

Very frustrating. Now I just ask them to cancel the transaction.
Message 16 of 46
Latest reply

Yes, that could be an option, but I would need to know that there are no extra charges. I already pay for my PO Box so that my mail is safe.
Message 17 of 46
Latest reply

All my bank mail goes to my PO Box as well, including replacement debit/credit cards. The bank has customers residential addresses on file, the PO Box is a postal address.

Customers have to provide 100 points of ID to open a bank ac/credit card. Do scammers get past that?

Is there really alot of fraud committed these days via false PO Box addresses??  Online  fraud (fraudlent transactions on bank a/cs or credit cards) would be much more lucrative.

Message 18 of 46
Latest reply

I pay to have a PO box so I don't need to give out my home address. (For security reasons) If sellers won't post to PO boxes especially when there is no mention of it in the listing they will receive a little red dot.
Message 19 of 46
Latest reply

My bank sends all my cards to my PO box, don't know where you get that information from?
Message 20 of 46
Latest reply