Why is it that something that cost me $9.00 and is NO where close to one kilo cost me $43.00 dollars

i want to know why if i purchase a $9.00 item on e-bay from the U.S.A will cost me between $35.00 to $47.00 postage to Australia and its only a small hotwheels car ? but if i send it to the u.s it would only be around $8.00 postage to the U.S ???? why do they RIP US OFF with the postage , they told me that e-bay sets the price 'i say bull**bleep**' my brother sent me an elvis statue measuring almos a metre high by 400 width and only cost him $25.00 dollars priority post ??? STOP RIPPING US OFF PLEASE 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Why is it that something that cost me $9.00 and is NO where close to one kilo cost me $43.00 dollars

NO ONE IS RIPPING YOU OFF !

US sellers have been opted into the Global Shipping Program and many sellers don't even know as it only shows for buyers overseas.

They are telling you the truth. Pitney Bowes is the company handling the shipping for eBay in the USA.

They repack and onsend to the buyer.

It is very expensive so just buy from someone not using the GSP.

GSP is good for large bulky items but not for small items.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Your seller is obviously using the GSP which is notoriously expensive for small items but very cost effective for large items.

If you read the boards you will see all the complaints about the GSP.....it is best to avoid it if possible.

You can try asking the seller BEFORE you bid or buy if he is willing to send by a cheaper method.  Often sellers have no idea that they have been opted into the GSP.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ask the seller if they are willing to opt out of the GSP.    If they are, then give them

these instructions.

GSPoptout.JPG

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

NO ONE IS RIPPING YOU OFF !

Ha.  Matter of opinion. 

Not the seller certainly, but eBay and Pitney Bowes however.....

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Its the Pitney Bowes notorious ripoff company associated with ebay not the seller

by the way you can't send a hot wheels car from AUS to US for $8, anything other than documents (ie papers)

Auspost asks a declaration, you have to fill out CN22 or CN23 forms, a hot wheels car cost you with standart service (trackable) $23.72 or economy air (non-trackable) $15.85 to US 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@khulu74 wrote:

Its the Pitney Bowes notorious ripoff company associated with ebay not the seller

by the way you can't send a hot wheels car from AUS to US for $8, anything other than documents (ie papers)

Auspost asks a declaration, you have to fill out CN22 or CN23 forms, a hot wheels car cost you with standart service (trackable) $23.72 or economy air (non-trackable) $15.85 to US 

Yes and it sounds like you have been Pitney Bowed >>>>  and right where it hurts most. In your pocket. I have 3 bad experiences with this vile process and I hope never to repeat the pain. Pitney Bowes is the Monsanto of item transportation.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

Global Shipping Program is notoriously expensive for smaller items so, as suggested, shop around for sellers that don't use it.

BTW there is no correlation between the cost of an item and the cost of freight. The item price is set by the seller and the freight by the freight company.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply