Why isnt eBay placing limits on dodgy sellers??

wtfauto
Community Member

Why is eBay allowing this situation to get continuously worse? This is hurting the online selling industry as a whole, with so many people having bad experiences (including myself). There seems to be no effort taken by eBay to protect the community.

Why?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Why isnt eBay placing limits on dodgy sellers??

I haven't had any selling limits placed on me, on either of my accounts. In fact, my newer account has recently had an increase.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Anitiques, keep in mind it may not have been the eBay member that violated policy but that their account was hijacked by someone else.

image host
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Woman Mad I have had the same situation with a seller. Clearly states is in Australia. Buy & pay fro goods. Still waiting 6 weeks later. Says item has to come from overseas... Appears they only order the item in from O/S when it is bought here. That is NOT why I bought the item.

Another seller - I bought a new vacuum cleaner that was totally hopeless - would not even pick up a piece of paper on the floor. Went straight back to the seller -immediately told me not his problem - to contact the manufacturer. I immediately lodged a claim, and got my money back.

Yet both of these sellers are still advertising the same products. I do get annoyed with sellers - who I have tried to resolve the problem in depth for length time - I give a negative feedback, then they try and 'bribe' me to change it, in some instances offering to reimburse the total purchase price, including freight. I am sure some people fall for it, thus falsly inflating their positive feedback.  

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

dewdrop24me wrote: I do get annoyed with sellers - who I have tried to resolve the problem in depth for length time - I give a negative feedback, then they try and 'bribe' me to change it, in some instances offering to reimburse the total purchase price, including freight. I am sure some people fall for it, thus falsly inflating their positive feedback.  

Hey hold on.....you leave negative feedback and then get annoyed when the seller offers to refund the price plus freight?

That is what they are supposed to do and that is what will happen if you open a dispute.

If you are concerned about them asking you to change the feedback, just say you will review it when you get the refund.....you don't have to change it if you decide not to,

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply