Why no contact us? Sellers not reading messages,

I can't email eBay direct, 

Made a purchase yesterday and added a message to the seller to use Aust Post not Fastway

when I contacted the seller they said it had been sent even though Fastway only got advised today, a day later.

I have just recd today30th Dec a package sent on  3rd December , one month Sydney to Perth

So many sellers do not read messages properly ie; replying from China and don't understand The difference between delivery services.

I am seriously considering using Amazon instead. Get far better service,

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

See ya.

The time to ask is before purchase, not after.

And a month from Sydney was not uncommon pre-COVID, or outside of Christmas peak. And, with holidays, it's about 3 and a half weeks.

Why do you want to contact eBay? They won't force a seller to post using a service a buyer hasn't selected at time of purchase, nor should they.

Your expectations matter little to sellers charging for a particular service, especially when the service you demand post-sale is probably more expensive. Did you offer more money?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Not the answer you're looking for, likely one you'll dismiss, but this post is exactly the kind of reason I disabled the ability for buyers to leave a note during checkout - far too many think it's there to dictate instructions in a way that negates or contradicts the seller's listing in some way (be that delivery services offered, product description, or whatever else takes their fancy).

There are price differences between different services from different companies - for that reason, you can't expect to agree to and pay for one service at the same time as saying "don't use the service I just paid you to use".

If you want special treatment, message the seller before buying and ask them if they're willing to provide it - find out before you buy if they can read, communicate, and accommodate your needs. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

So long

The less unreasonable, self entitled buyers the better 

You ask questions before you buy

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

To clear these reply's,

• The seller in question as with others advertised  AUST POST not Fastway couriers
  • I did not dictate Fastway and would not have ordered the item if I had known that. Have started using Amazon, by far better service all around
  • Why are so many listings (not the one I am querying ) listing Standard Post, Fastway Couriers are no way standard post let alone deliver on time or to correct address
  • The package in question has now been in Perth facility for four days, that is a 30 minute drive from the delivery address
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I did not ask for special treatment but what was advertised 

I did communicate with the seller before item was sent

I also sent another message to a different seller who did not have the courtesy to even reply, different item

This is why your reply is wrong

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@normanbr0 wrote:

I did not ask for special treatment but what was advertised 

I did communicate with the seller before item was sent

I also sent another message to a different seller who did not have the courtesy to even reply, different item

This is why your reply is wrong

Lol, retrospectively, maybe, but not in the context of your initial post.

Why would you need to add a message to make sure the seller provided what was advertised, anyway? 

Unless, of course, you'd bought from them before, they list Australia Post as the delivery service, but use Fastway instead. If that is the case, I'll just point out a few things:

A) I do not condone that practice, in fact I condemn it

B) none of that information was in your original post and I can only base my replies on what information is in a post

C) I stand by the point I (and others) made about contacting the seller before purchase, not after but in the hopes you catch them before it's sent. If I was willing to buy from a seller again after they used fastway when advertising they use Australia Post, and that's a big if because this actually really annoys me, since I usually use my PO box address, I would not buy again until I had written confirmation that my next purchase was indeed going to be sent using Aus Post as advertised.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply