Why, when all I wanted to do was send the seller a thank you message was it blocked by Ebay?

I was trying to send a message to a Seller to say thank you forthe care they took in packing and sending an item but it was blocked by Ebay like it was a violation of their trading policies saying we weren't allowed to buy outside of Ebay, but it was just a thank you for something I had already bought THREW Ebay. Why? 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Why, when all I wanted to do was send the seller a thank you message was it blocked by Ebay?

You may have had keywords that came up on their radar. Sometimes the most innocuous messages get blocked while the ones they're trying to stop get through without any problems.
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

@barbaraout13,

Did your message include your phone number, address, or email address?

Read eBay's Contact information sharing policy, Member-to-member contact policy, and Offering to buy or sell outside of eBay policy.

eBay are - dare I say - somewhat paranoid about communications between buyer and seller. I'm a bit surprised that eBay's blocked a messsage post-sale, but if the wording of your message could even slightly be interpreted as trying to communicate contact information for an off-eBay sale, that's how it will have been interpreted.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

None of those.It was just a thank you for a sale that had already gone through, because they took so much care in getting me the item in top condition. . 

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

@barbaraout13 wrote:

None of those.It was just a thank you for a sale that had already gone through, because they took so much care in getting me the item in top condition. . 

Perhaps bring this to eBay's attention. It sounds like the system is on overkill. I often contact sellers (when I remember) to thank them or let them know an item has arrived etc.. No problems there. I also ask overseas sellers about shipping and combining items etc..

Many sellers appreciate a thankyou and letting them know an item has arrived safe and sound can make their day.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Perhaps bring this to eBay's attention. It sounds like the system is on overkill.

It might be a bit too late for that given the OP first posted about this over 6 months ago.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Hey padi,

Just wanted to thank you for you post above and let you know it has now arrived. Thanks for packing your sentence so well โ€” the way you arranged the words inside it made it easy to understand.

It gets five stars from me, bud, plus a gold medal.

โœฏโœฏโœฏโœฏโœฏ ๐Ÿ…

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

laugh.gif

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Perhaps bring this to eBay's attention. It sounds like the system is on overkill.

@padi*0409 wrote:

It might be a bit too late for that given the OP first posted about this over 6 months ago.

Not really. The OP may still have an issue next time. We stil hear about this issue a bit and even was discussed a while back. If someone else encounters this issue then I'm sure they can try and ask eBay what's wrong. Or come back here,

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Why, why, why did you post that so that I would read it right at the moment that I was drinking a glass of orange juice?

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply