Would I be Eligible for a refund?

I stupendiously asked a seller a question and now it has commited me to purchase the item.... The ad was for an Iphone Xs Max at a price far below market value and I wanted to ask the seller why they were selling it for so cheap, little did i realise i was now commited to purchasing the item. Anyways, the advertisement has no images of the phone, it just has a stock photo of the phone and the description lists it as brand new however, this is where my question is from. In the description they have stated that it is an Iphone 7 and not an Iphone XS max. I was looking at Ebay's return policy for Australia and it states that "In Australia, consumers have a legal right to obtain a refund from a business if the goods purchased are faulty, not fit for purpose or don't match the seller's description" Now my question is since the description tells me that it is an Iphone 7 but the actual advertisement states that it is an Iphone 7 and if I actually purchase the item and receive it and it is the Iphone 7. Would I still be eligable for a refund?

I feel like I could have made this a lot shorter ^ but anyways thank you for your time

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

if all else fails....go to HELP (top of page) and speak to ebay

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

You're talking about 2 x ihpone7......please reread what you have written and explain better

What is the item number??

Do you want an iphone XS Max??
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

my apologies, the actual advertisement says that it is an Iphone XS max. But in the item description, it is listed as an Iphone 7. I was wondering if i make the purchase, and i do receive an Iphone 7 and not a XS max, would i still be eligable for a refund?

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

you need to ask the seller?? Are they in China....you have not provided an item number, so difficult to say.....check the feedback etc,,,,be aware!!
Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Nah they are in Australia, recently made the account a week ago. The item number is 312824872559 . and there is no feedback but they have other items for sale that are not tech related. They were very pushy claiming they are selling it cheap because their son passed away and need funds for a funeral. I don't know if its a hook to get me to feel bad or if he's being real?
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Do not buy a phone from o'seas!!!!
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

its from my own country ahahha.....

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

ask the seller....they may have made a mistake....if unsure, cancel purchase
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

well, I talked to the seller earlier and they have said that they "didn't advertise it properly" until I pointed it out. Then they got aggressive and said that they already told me that they accidentally put iPhone 7 in the description. I am trying to cancel my purchase but they are not responding, I have also asked them for an actual photo of the item and if they can't do that then ill know 100% that it isn't genuine
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply