Your payment is pending. After card payment

So I commited to buying an item. Paypal would not work to pay for it. So I decided to click pay with card option. It never was even asked for my card details and went straight to Your payment is pending. It now has an hourglass symble next to it. Can't even rememeber the last time I would of payed by card on ebay and can't seem to find any info on what card details I have stored in ebay that it would process without needing to enter card details. This is the first time I have ever had a payment pending when buying on ebay. I'm not sure where the payment pending is even coming from since I can't find any card details of mine stored in ebay.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Does the seller have "credit card" payment in the listing? If not then you can't pay by credit card and the seller will have to send a new invoice to you, which will cancel the first payment.

Be aware that sellers will sometimes claim their Paypal is not working and will ask for bank transfer - don't do it, you won't be covered by eBay or Paypal if something goes wrong.

eBay would not give the seller your credit card details even if they had it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Unless you were asked for your card details so you could pay the seller direct then the credit card option goes through Paypal. Is the transaction showing in Paypal? If it is and it says pending then the seller, presumably a fairly new one, hasn't upgraded their Paypal account and you can only accept a couple of card payments using a personal account.

If it doesn't clear in a couple of days contact the seller and ask them to sortit out at their end.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

No it is not showing up in my paypal. I have bought from this seller before, and they have a lot of sales so they are not new. I usually use paypal to buy, but when i tried paypal wouldn't work because I had a negative balance. So i clicked pay with card option, planning on putting in my card details, but that never happened, just went striaght to payment pending. I added my card details now to paypal and made my paypal balanace back to 0 hoping that would get things moving along. But it is still pending, and I see no transaction of it anywhere in my paypal or bank account.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I would ring paypal to make sure what is happening.

If you have a bank account attached to paypal they may have taken the money from there when your card did not work....that would explain why the payment is pending.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

If you selected 'pay by card', it means the seller has a merchant credit card facility. You will need to contact the seller and give them your card details.

It is nothing to do with eBay or Paypal. Adding your card to Paypal will make no difference - the transaction has nothing to do with Paypal.

Payment pending happens when you haven't made a confirmed payment. Paying by bank deposit, cash on pickup, e-cheque through Paypal (which this isn't), merchant credit card facility will all show payment pending. The seller has to confirm payment for all except an e-cheque.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Unless you were asked for your card details so you could pay the seller direct then the credit card option goes through Paypal. Is the transaction showing in Paypal? If it is and it says pending then the seller, presumably a fairly new one, hasn't upgraded their Paypal account and you can only accept a couple of card payments using a personal account.

If it doesn't clear in a couple of days contact the seller and ask them to sortit out at their end.

No it doesn't. Pay by card has nothing to do with eBay or Paypal. eBay will never ask for the card details, nor will Paypal because the transaction hasn't gone through them.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I am going through the exact same thing right now.  Did you ever figure it out?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@treasuredtones,

Unfortunately, the OP (lylithlane) hasn't visited the forum since 23-07-2018, at 11:29 AM, and is therefore unlikely to respond to your question.

This is a bit of an old thread; it would probably have been better for you to start a new thread detailing your issue, but if there's any help that can be given by other eBay Community posters, I'm sure it will be posted.

To clarify, can you answer the following?

• Do you have a PayPal account which is linked to your credit/debit card and/or a bank account?
  • When you go to your PayPal account and select the "Wallet" tab, under PAYMENT METHODS what does it show as your preferred source of funds? (See this reply for details.)
  • Do you have a saved payment method selected in your My eBay? (See this post for details.)
  • Does your PayPal account show a pending transaction under Summary or Activity?

Just answer with general (not identifying) information...

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I have many many transactions with this same card same number ,and same device,I have never had anything pending can you tell me what I should do please.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply