any one else having trouble getting e bay or pay pal dealing with rerund issues

deeau84
Community Member

due to no

no item recieved by 2 sellers, one claims he sent it to pay pal, i ring pay pal they said we donot deal with this got  ebay and  back forth

so ebay says  go to pay pal again and as a guest a ccount yu should be able to get money back, well still waiting on that one

so how do u deal with this

and i relaly feel like letting all know about these two sellers  who do not send items and keep the money

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

First up, you can't let all know about these sellers as you can't name and shame on the forum.

Second, you can't claim a refund using a guest account. Why did you buy as a guest when you have an account? If you bought on this account, open a dispute for item not received. If you didn't buy on this account and you bought as a guest, you might be able to claim through PayPal if you paid that way. You need to open a dispute via your PayPal account, not by ringing them.

In future, if you have an account, use it. Makes life so much easier if something does go wrong. The only buyers who lose money are the ones who allow sellers to do it. There are avenues in place for buyers to get refunded. I suggest you read the help pages to learn more about buying on eBay before you buy anything else.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If you paid through Paypal as a guest then open a Paypal account using the same email address you used for payment then the transaction should appear in your account and you can open a dispute.

If you already have a Paypal account but did not use it for some reason then just log in and add the payment email address (you can add up to 8 different email) and again the transaction should appear in your account.

Alternatively if you paid as a guest using a credit card you may be able to do a chargeback through your bank.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply