are these postage terms over the top?

I understand that Aust Post parcels all have tracking numbers now, and also that the $9 surcharge for international mail has ceased, so am a bit surprised with these terms  - mainly because I don't see why I have to pay an extra $1.50 for tracking - is it for the seller's time?   The seller has more than 5000 feedback.

• PLEASE EMAIL IF YOU WISH TO HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER ADDED, this will cost you an extra $1.50
  • If concerned over item security I strongly recommend you ask for REGISTERED POST for an extra $3.20 and this will provide you with a tracking number, once items have left me I cannot track them without this number and buyer assumes all responsibility.
  • INTERNATIONAL POST CALCULATED AT AUCTION END (any postage quoted is not correct, please email me for correct postage as measurements for parcel size are not done until packaged
  • US BUYERS need to add extra $9 in addition to adjusted AIRMAIL - this $9 is enforced by Post Offices to cover extra security at US airports

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

are these postage terms over the top?

My guess is that the terms are outdated more than anything else - a while back, domestic parcels didn't have tracking as standard but it could be added for $1.50 without registering it, as registered was still available for parcels at the time.

The $9 surcharge for US parcels has indeed been abolished, and registered post now costs $3.50. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply