seller sent wrong item

I have a seller who sent me the wrong item and have offered me a small discount if I want to purchase it but which I don't really need as I purchased two of these from the same seller while waiting for the original item to arrive.So I am wondering if I decide I don't want it as he hasn't given me a price yet,only 15% off of a price I have no idea of.So who is responsible for the return postage and do I have to go through ebay with the registered post etc. and can I add my own handling cost to this as I will have to get it back to the post office and repack it.I hope this all makes sense.Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

seller sent wrong item

Typically most 'good' sellers if they send the wrong or damaged item they will wear the cost of returned postage. If you opened a dispute with paypal you would be made to wear the cost. I don't like your chances of getting handling fee on top of it.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

seller sent wrong item

The downside of trading online.

Yes, you should expect to wear the return cost, however, you MAY get a surprise and be offered it. That's a bonus.

May I encourage you to return nothing without the protection/directive of PayPal?

Open a dispute/claim and return at their direction to the address that they stipulate, if/when directed.

If yopu try to circumvent them, you may return an item and then the seller doesn't refund you. You will have no protection or recourse.

There are tools for online safety, use them.

and no, No one will advocate for a handling cost charged by you to return.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply