bidding question

1959noni
Community Member

I have been watching an item it was showing 1 bid for $1000 for the past few days, now still showing "1 bid" but for $1200 and I  the duration of sale has been extended, Is that normal?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

bidding question

can you put the listing title into a post here?  It is hard to comment on the situation you have described with so little information.

bidding question

I do know a seller can extend the auction - my sister bid on an item and the seller extended the auction. Sis still won the item (with no further bids) but it was annoying as it was a pick up item that she bid on as her husbaned was going to pick it up on his way back from a business trip on the day the 'original' auction was due to end. She had to go through all sorts to organise a courier as the ending date was a week later and hubby already  home. I don't know if it is against policy, but I assume if it was there would not be the option to do so. As leader said - give the item description and someone more expereinced than me can look at it for you

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

bidding question

They can also cancel an auction. This happened to me once and I was really disappointed because I liked that item and was the highest bidder at that stage...

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

bidding question

once a bid is placed nothing about an auction can be changed.

so, as mentioned above, give us the title and someone will have a look at it and see.  auctions can be for 3, 7 or 10 days only, but the seller would have had to cancel original bids before changing anything on the auction page.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

bidding question

Greencat, as far as i know.... once there is a bid you certainly cannot extend the auction.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

bidding question

They can also cancel an auction. This happened to me once and I was really disappointed because I liked that item and was the highest bidder at that stage...

this has happened to me too, but it was about 6years ago. I think things are different now.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

bidding question

this has happened to me too, but it was about 6years ago. I think things are different now.

Seller can still cancel auction (if it is more than 12 hours from the end).  They can remove bids any time.  They can put up the price or change the duration, as long as there are no bids or they removed them.  The only thing that can be done while there are already bids is to add postage or payment options.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

bidding question

I have been watching an item it was showing 1 bid for $1000 for the past few days, now still showing "1 bid" but for $1200 and I  the duration of sale has been extended, Is that normal?

The only way that could have been done would be if the seller cancelled the bid, made the changes, and somebody bid again.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

bidding question

1959noni

"I have been watching an item it was showing 1 bid for $1000 for the past few days, now still showing "1 bid" but for $1200 and I  the duration of sale has been extended"

As requested in #1, could you please post the title of the auction here as unless it's done in the first 2 hours of submitting the listing , sellers haven't been able to extend the listing duration for over 5 years:

http://announcements.ebay.com/2007/06/update-removal-of-revise-item-duration/

***super_nova

They can put up the price  as long as there are no bids or they removed them.

Listings with bids can't be changed even if the Seller cancels the bids. The Seller would need to cancel the bids and end the auction before the last 12 hours then relist the item.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply