buy it now

088muttley1959
Community Member

i have been watching an item starting bid $75 or buy it now $90. with a day to go it just sold for $65.how does that work ,it didnt say offers

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

buy it now

I would assume seller received a message offer for a buy-it-now under the listed buy-it-now.

I frequently get offers from buyers via message, and I consider every reasonable one ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

buy it now

What pj's said.

The seller would have changed it too the agreed price and it sold.

I too get offers on items that have not got the offer option and anything is for sale at the right price.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

buy it now

colkym
Community Member

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/best-offer.html

Buyers should not make offers on items without Best offer- it is actually against ebay policy

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

buy it now

Buyers CAN make an offer by asking if a seller would accept a set price and the seller has the option to say NO if they choose not to have  the sale.

We have been through this and as seen in the messages posted with live help buyers CAN make offers as long as the sale takes place on ebay.

Christian Jeol A. 10:22:25
Welcome to eBay Australia Live Chat! My name is Christian Jeol A. How are you and how may I help you today ?

*sparklz* 10:22:34
Hi

Just wondering if a seller has an auction that has no bids, can a buyer send the seller an offer via ebay messages of a price to purchase if it does not sell and if the seller is ok with that price it can then be relisted with that agreed price if it ended with no bids?

Is it a policy violation to do this?

Christian Jeol A. 10:23:03
Yes sellers can do that and they can then relist it with the agreed price under a "Fixed Price" format listing/

*sparklz* 10:23:53
Thank you so a buyer is allowed to ask this then?

Christian Jeol A. 10:24:14
Yes but then again this is upon the sellers discretion whether they agree with it or not.

*sparklz* 10:25:13
thank you

*sparklz* 10:25:21
bye

System10:25:55
The chat session is being wrapped up.

System10:25:55
The chat session has ended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

buy it now

And just to make sure I have asked again

Christian A.Thanks for contacting eBay Australia Live Chat! My name is Christian. How can I help you today?
*sparklz*HelloChristian A.Hi.*sparklz*Just wondering if a seller has an auction that has not got any bids, is a buyer allowed to message the seller and offer them a price they are happy to pay and the seller can then add a buy now price for the buyer?

Christian A.I see. The thing is we have no particular policy regarding accepting offers when the best offer or buy it now option is not added on the listing. So I would say yes that would be allright.

*sparklz*So I just want to confirm it is not a policy violation for a buyer to ask a seller if they would accept an offer of a fixed price?

Christian A.However I would suggest that if ever you get into an agreement with the seller about the offered price, to have them relist the item using the fixed price listing or the buy it now listing and no longer in auction.

Christian A.This is to make sure that you get to purchase the item through eBay with the agreed price without waiting for the item to end at its scheduled end time.

Christian A.Yes, it is not a violation to send an email to the seller for an offer to purchase their item.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

buy it now

That link is to say you can not make offers to then purchase away from ebay and I have NEVER said that was ok.

As long as the purchase is done through ebay then a buyer is not in breach of a policy violation for asking and the seller has the right to refuse, accept or ignore.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

buy it now

The link also states

"If the Make Offer button does not appear in the listing, the seller is not interested in receiving offers and you should not try to contact this seller to negotiate price or terms."

I think most experienced members know, Live Help give out wrong information ALL the time.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

buy it now

Every seller is willing to make a sale and it is their choice to ignore, accept or decline an offer and ALL sellers are interested in making a sale.

And another that says it is OK

Leonardo B.Thanks for waiting and welcome to eBay Australia LiveChat! How can I help you?

*sparklz*Just wondering if you can clarify something for me.
When a seller has an item listed as an AUCTION only can a buyer send a message with a buy now offer price?
And if the seller is ok with that offer price the seller can then add that offer as a buy now to the listing?
So what I want to know is, Is it ok for a potential buyer to ask the seller if they would add a buy now price to a listing at an agreed price?
Leonardo B.Yes, the seller can add a buy it now price on the item as long as the item has no bids yet.

*sparklz*Is it against policy for a buyer to contact a seller via ebay messages and ask if a certain price is acceptable for the listed item Leonardo B.No

.Leonardo B.It will depend on the seller if they will accept the offer of the buyer.

*sparklz*Just to confirm a buyer CAN contact a seller and ask if $XXXX is ok and if it can be added as a buy now to a listing that has not got bids

Leonardo B.Yes, it is.

*sparklz*Thank you.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

buy it now

colkym
Community Member

Hi tonyrobbo1, I can't see what Sparkly has written,  but if its about Live help, all I can say is :^O:^O

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply