buyer blocking me because i have left negative feedback

Just had a weird experience.I asked a seller a question re the condition of his item.He replied via email confirming that the item was not as described.However,not only has he not corrected the listing,he has hidden my question on the listing so the"ask a question" section reads No questions have been asked.He has also stated that I am exactly the sort of buyer he does not want due to the negative feedback I have left for other sellers whose items have not been as described and have not worked.Accordingly he has blocked me from bidding on the item.So I am being blocked from bidding as he seems to want to describe his goods accurately and does not want to risk receiving negative feedback from anyone who buys an item not accurately described.Surely a seller we should all stay away from.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Merry Xmas, Your on my Christmas Card List. Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

A seller has an absolute right to block anyone for any reason, could be because there is O in your id. Looking at the number and type of negs you have left I would be surprised that after reading this thread a lot of other sellers will have you on their special lists!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Agree with PJ, always give the seller the opportunity to fix problem before leaving neuts or negs.

For some sellers it is their livelyhood and with the defect system, it can greatly affect a seller.

image host
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Hi everyone, the discussion is getting a little heated.  Please be sure to keep your communications civil.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Seller has no hidden your question, they simply have not selected to show it. Most dont unless they think the info is of value to others, and even then dont bother. Not showingh it is the default.

Sellers fb is precious, think of it like insurance, the see a buyer who has left a lot of negs, they view it as an insurance company views a 21 year old male with a string of accidents "that were not his fault'. It may  be the case but easier not to risk it.

In short fb left for others is often more telling than feedback recieved. Keep that in mind when you leave fb

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I'm sure I replied to this last night, but - what everybody else said.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Gee thanks everyone really helpful.You've just confirmed that there is NO buyer protection on ebay.Don't dare leave negative feedback even if a seller sells you something that does not perform its one and only function or is not the item you bought.Yep I should travel all the way to the post office and post it back to the seller and then hope they send me the right thing next time which as I am in Australia will take another couple of weeks.No don't leave negative feedback as you'll be blocked by sellers who clearly like only to sell to people who don't complain when they get screwed over and you'll incur the wrath of trolls like yourselves on discussion boards.Oh and don't complain to ebay - they do not protect the interest of buyers at all.Just spent an hour on the phone with"customer service" only to be told that they can and will do nothing at all if a listing's description is wrong,even if the seller admits it.Great to know also that a seller can choose not to show any questions that indicate they are not telling the truth.Oh BTW I have left 2 negative feedbacks in the past six months - 2 gee that is a lot isn't it.None of the sellers offered to send me the item I actually ordered or to send me a replacement for an item which did not work - gee I am so terrible aren't I.I should have just accepted that someone has ripped me off and not dared to complain.If feedback is so important to sellers,then they need to make damn sure they are honest about their goods,send the correct item and not sell goods which do not work.Fortunately,the vast majority of sellers are honest and competent.If you buy a lot of stuff on eBay,you are sure to come across a few bad apples and I feel it is my right to leave them feedback that accurately describes their performance.Reporting items,listings etc to eBay is a waste of time so feedback is the buyers only recourse,but it seems even this is out!

Thanks a lot trolls,

Oh BTW - maybe you should get a life - really trolling ebay discussion boards - pathetic.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Actually buyers have much more protection than sellers. The reason most replies to your post are negative is that it seems that you have given sellers negatives without notifying them first and allowing them to make it right. As has been pointed out sellers are impacted greatly by negatives and will usually bend over backwards to fix a problem.

There are procedures in place in the resolution centre to sort out problems that can't be worked out between buyer and seller and it would be worth your while to read up on them so you don't run into problems in the future. As long as buyers follow instructions they will nearly always get their money back. make sure your expectations are not unreasonable and read the listings carefully and you should not have many problems either.

Oh, and it is much easier to read posts when paragraphs are used.

Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I'm sure I replied to this last night, but - what everybody else said.

You did....several of us did.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply