can't combine post for immediate payment

A seller has advertised a postage cost and stated subsequent items are free postage, but when I tried to checkout it says combined post is not available for items that require immediate payment.  so how do I get combined post? I don't want to pay an exorbitant amount of post then hope they will refund me.  I'm not that trusting.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In such cases in the past I had to contact the seller and explain the problem. Luckily, they were willing to temporarily remove immediate payment.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In such cases in the past I had to contact the seller and explain the problem. Luckily, they were willing to temporarily remove immediate payment.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I think you did the right thing, not buying at this stage.

I think papermoon lady is right and you need to contact the seller.

It is sounding as if that seller will be quite willing to combine shipping but maybe she doesn't realise the immediate payment required is blocking that.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Some sellers are forced into immediate payment, despite not ticking the box. Sellers who do opt in, there is something in the postage tab in the listing to say immediate payment required. The sellers who are forced, there is nothing under the postage tab. If there is nothing under the postage tab of the items, send the seller a message explaining that you want X items, but ebay is forcing immediate payment. Ask if they could change one of the listings to include all the items you wish to buy. That way you can have combined postage without the seller having to go through a refund.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply