can you import sharpened swords

pickellme
Community Member

I am looking to buy a samurai sword from China and one that has folded steel and sharp.My question is , will it get through customs?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: can you import sharpened swords

Go to the customs site to find out what is ok and what is not.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

No

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I very much doubt it and you risk losing your money if it is seized as an item stopped at customs is deemed delivered for Paypal buyer protection purposes. You could also receive a visit from the authorities as you would be commiting an offense by trying to import it if it is not allowed.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

always seem to get through if they didnt get through there wouldnt be thousands of em sold on ebay all the time especially from china,if they were all stopped at customs they wouldnt be sold on ebay any more would they?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

There are replica swords sold every day that get through Customs but the OP was asking about a sharpened sword....that is a very different thing.

And they will still be sold on ebay as there are other countries who can legally import them.....not everything sold on ebay has to be legal in Australia.

Why did you feel the need to drag up such an old thread?

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Why did you feel the need to drag up such an old thread?

This may not be happening to you but the 'Message Listing' link at the bottom of a thread now has the habit of sending you to some random page, could be 100 pages back, that the casual user could take as being the current front page and reply to.

This may be a board glitch or a browser glitch but I have seen it on ebay Canada, ebay UK and ebay.com, with Firefox and Chrome

It has not been fixed after some months soit may be around forever. In the meanwhile, expexct zombie threads.

Clicking on Message Listing after posting this Iwas sent to page 82.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/bd-p/2500000009/page/82

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the information afantiques.  I can't say I have ever been sent anywhere but to the front page but there are certainly plenty of zombie threads being resurrected.

This is one of the more innocuous threads....we have had 3 year old threads where the rules/prices or whatever have changed dramatically and posters asking other posters questions when they have not been on the boards for years.

And we are still getting complaints about the "new" GSP.  *sigh*

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I had never actually seen that link until someone pointed it out a month or so ago. I've always just used the back button to get back to the forum page. Even on my phone when you can only go back one page at a time, I've still always just used to back button. I'm not even sure what the purpose of that link is!

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

If you click on 'message listing' it will take you back to the page on which the OP of the thread you are currently reading  first appeared. So if you have just read or replied to a long running thread,  you may be thrown back several pages.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply