counterfeit air pods

renszos
Community Member

I just purchased Apple air pods.  After one day, I decided to change the ear tip to the smallest one. Firstly, I googled how to do this. The first one came off with a bit of force. The second one would not come off and as I pulled, the air pod broke in two (tearing the wires). This is common in fake airpods, so I checked the serial number on Apple website to find they are fake. Also, if there's no wires (hardware) in the lid, they are fake (determined by shining a light). Initially the seller refused to refund, but once I proved they were fake, he has agreed (I'm yet to receive refund). I reported this seller to ebay, and received a reply "We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy.  This determination was made by a customer service agent." Since when is selling fake items not a violation? So ebay will allow this seller to continue to sell fake Apple air pods. I'd say others have also reported this seller, since checking the reviews others have complained that they are fake. If only I'd thought to look at reviews prior to purchasing. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

counterfeit air pods

Do not engage in a conversation with the seller. Oh I know, ebay will encourage you to, in the hope you'll sort out problems before getting them involved.

But you've already done that & got nowhere.

So open a proper ebay claim for item not as described/faulty.

When you have to give a reason for wanting a refund, do not mention fake.

You & I know they probably are but in ebay's eyes that is just your opinion & you don't want to get caught up in having to provide documentary evidence from Apple or whatever.

Nope, just say they arrived faulty. Just that. Faulty, not working properly.

Make sure you do this within 30 days of the estimates arrival date. In fact, do it today.

Keep on at it, don't close your claim till you get the refund. Don't pay postage back either. The seller needs to pay that if he wants the airpods back.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

counterfeit air pods

Was the seller in China?

Did it say they were Apple OR, for Apple unbranded

Yes, you should always check the sellers feedback before buying anything

What is the item number?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

counterfeit air pods

@renszos wrote:

. If only I'd thought to look at reviews prior to purchasing. 

Repeat after me, ""always check feedback.""

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

counterfeit air pods

Do not engage in a conversation with the seller. Oh I know, ebay will encourage you to, in the hope you'll sort out problems before getting them involved.

But you've already done that & got nowhere.

So open a proper ebay claim for item not as described/faulty.

When you have to give a reason for wanting a refund, do not mention fake.

You & I know they probably are but in ebay's eyes that is just your opinion & you don't want to get caught up in having to provide documentary evidence from Apple or whatever.

Nope, just say they arrived faulty. Just that. Faulty, not working properly.

Make sure you do this within 30 days of the estimates arrival date. In fact, do it today.

Keep on at it, don't close your claim till you get the refund. Don't pay postage back either. The seller needs to pay that if he wants the airpods back.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply