discount removed 5% pinch5

Anyone else notice or have same thing happen   ??

the 5% discount removed         code   =  pinch5

this has been on the bottom of my   My eBay link for ages . i have used once or twice ( good for 3 transactions ), as soon as i clicked buy it now and i went to check what the code was it is now gone..

This was due to end at the end of the year.   december....

if you check this site it confirms that itwas used today and verified to work

https://www.cuponation.com.au/ebay-coupon

what can  cause this. ???  negative comments toward ebay on discussion board ??

was about to buy item but wont now.....

getting sick and tired of this website lately, **bleep** not working properly

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have had ebay refund the discount amount to my paypal account when a voucher code did not work.

It can take up to 3 months for it to be done and you often have to ring them several times....don't expect to see the refund any time soon.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is probably just a glitch.   I had something similar happen a few months ago.

A code was supposed to be active until it was no longer visible on ebay....I used it once and when I went to use it again I could not find it so I assumed it had ended.

I mentioned it on the boards and several posters said they still had it available.   I checked again and I also had it available again.

This happened several times over the next week or so until it was finally gone for good.

Keep trying....if you are not in a hurry for the item just try it every so often to see if it comes back again....or try it anyway and see if it works.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

why i type into the apply code it says code has expired

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

It's not a glitch because once you have purchased upto the amount available ($300) then that's it you have used it.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Good pickup eezi....I did not think of the top discount amount available.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I just wanted to buy now something and wouldn't let me use PINCH5 saying it has expired.  Grrr - so annoyed

Its ts my first time using it and no, not $300 

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I just looked up the Terms and Conditions of the offer......there was no end date in the offer.  It was active as long as it was visible on ebay and ended this morning apparently.

There are often similar offers on ebay....low discounts and no specific end date. 

Personally I wait till there is a higher discount offered before I buy.

Just be patient....there will be another one along soon.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, I just had a chat with rep. That's pretty much how it is. And I was told "Please be informed that eBay reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the offer at its reasonable discretion by publishing revised terms on ebay.com.au.".
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

But it was very clearly stated in the T & Cs so why would you be ringing ebay?

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

This offer was supposed to run until the end of december and a $300 limit so it looks like eBay have gone and ended it at their own will.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply