do sellers know who gave them a low dsr?

kun-russ
Community Member

I bought and paid for an item within minutes of winning an auction. Seller marked as posted the next day, then 4 days later i get a tracking number which says the item was only just recieved at there post office. So can a seller see who gave them a low dsr 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: do sellers know who gave them a low dsr?

That goes both ways if the seller knew there was going to be a delay then they obviously skipped basic rule 1.
Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@kun-russ wrote:
That goes both ways if the seller knew there was going to be a delay then they obviously skipped basic rule 1.

True, but if the seller was in hospital, they may not have been able to send a message. If the hospital is anything like my hospital, there is NO mobile reception unless you go outside.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

I check my DSR rating every week in all three of my selling accounts. I can count on one hand low scores . I messaged each of those buyers to ask why the low score. Only one has had a valid reason in my opinion and they didnt understand a full refund with return postage paid was available.

The petty nature is highlighted by a QLD based buyer who wanted postage done late on a Friday aftyernoon when I wasnt even home when they purchased the item. It was posted Monday but the buyer still didnt recieve it that week. He marked me down.

I recommend to all sellers to learn how to check the DSR ratings and act accordingly. Feedback is a buyers way of expressing their opinion of the transaction. If you disagree with their opinion withdraw their purchasing rights .

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

The seller gets payment say on Friday - he prepares an ebay label on Saturday, which automatically sends you a "posted" notice, (note it is EBAY that automatically sends the email not the seller) - the seller posts it in his local red box.

The red box does not get cleared until Monday and is taken to the nearest postal sorting centre and is scanned on Tuesday - the first scan.

Hi I'm in SA & our red boxes get emptied on a Sunday...the only day not emptied is Saturdays ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

The seller gets payment say on Friday - he prepares an ebay label on Saturday, which automatically sends you a "posted" notice, (note it is EBAY that automatically sends the email not the seller) - the seller posts it in his local red box.

The red box does not get cleared until Monday and is taken to the nearest postal sorting centre and is scanned on Tuesday - the first scan.

Hi I'm in SA & our red boxes get emptied on a Sunday...the only day not emptied is Saturdays ๐Ÿ™‚

A few months ago I noticed that the red boxes outside the PO were being emptied at around 2pm. When I lodged my parcels I asked if there is now an early pick and a later one. I was told that there is only one pick up a day and that is at 4pm. I went outside and asked the guy clearing the box if the times had changed. He said No and asked if he could tell the time and he replied he did it when he got there and could see no point in waiting or wasting time - he could get his run done quicker this way............Hum makes you wonder doesn't it. Do the boxes really get emptied on the weekends or is it all just too hard.

โ€œTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.โ€
โ€• Albert Einstein
Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

We have a box at the end of the street and after doing deliveries (multiple) to the P.O., I go to red box at 5.55pm - have often seen them empty it - and you can tell the next day if your daily parcels 'clunk' or not.LOL....sometimes I'm filling the three boxes in our locality on a Sunday, especially now it's Xmas
Message 26 of 26
Latest reply