eBay! WOW Your service today was amazing!

Hi,

WOW! I bought an item from China, and was so faulty, I emailed seller and offered to send it back, too which they refused. Long story, they demanded I leave a positive feedback before they refunded!

I reminded them of ebays feedback policy! I opened a paypal dispute, to which many threats came through! Today I sell an item, and it is the seller with another ID! I call ebay and tell them I am suss, and they tell me to send an invoice etc! An hour later the buyer sends me an email saying they dont want it, they just bought it to leave me negative feedback in the event I leave them a negative!

Long story cut short, I got a call back from ebay 6 hours after I made the complaint, totally shocked but so happy, I was blown away by the follow up! They have escalated the issue, and now I hope both get blocked!

So finally a positive story about ebay, I am very impressed!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

typan12
Community Member

Thanks for putting up a positive thought 🙂

There should me more people giving eBay a pat on the back, rather than complaining and arguing about everything.

This is the reason people pay fees, so there is protection for both sellers and buyers.

Well done and it’s great to hear something wonderful.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay's system is terrific. Often we don't hear about the action taken and rightly so.

As well, many don't know how to use the system properly as it is a little complex, but once it's learned, easy peasy.

Milk_shake, I too have had some very fast and effective actioned results and it makes you feel like the goods guys are winning.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

WOW! I bought an item from China, and was so faulty, I emailed seller and offered to send it back, too which they refused.

So the seller asked for a postitive before you sent the item back for a refund? I actually think thats quite ok, with the system in place. How can you leave a negative for an item you did not receive? It looked good and came really fast, postage was free and it even sounds like the comms was right on the money.

You didn't think the item maybe a little dodge before ordering....

Pat on the back to ebay, you must be kidding me....

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Good positive story.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Dylan, read the OP.....the item was recived and was faulty. Why would the OP want to leave a positive BEFORE receiving the refund.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

The underlying lesson to be learnt here is to NEVER buy things with your selling ID.

Start a new ID just for buying. Then you don't need to worry about this ever happening again. 😉

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

That's not surprising at all, accoring to eBay policy the buyer is ALWAYS right.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply