eBay "Have us call you" option appears to have been removed...?

It appears that the Have us call you option has vanished.

At the bottom of the Help page are the following two options:

eBay Chat Symbol      Chat with us                                        eBay Call us symbol      Call us

I tested using the link I'd saved for the "Have us call you" option, and the message - when I selected various reasons for conting eBay - was

Have us call you
             This contact channel is temporarily unavailable

I've not seen that before - and I am not sure that this is just a glitch - but other members may have seen something like this previously. I'm posting this in the hope that it's a glitch, but the suspicion that it's not.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hopefully they are doing away wih the Phillipines call centre.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe all the questions about the GST became 'too hard' for them?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

That wasn't my immediate thought.

Being, well, not cynical, but not exactly optimistic when it comes to corporations... the thought did spring to mind that eBay wanted to reduce contact with a real person even further. They have been spruiking the chat facility for years, and I notice that for some time, the expected wait time for a call to eBay has been showing. This indicates that phoning eBay CS may have been prepared as the only person-to-person contact method (unless I'm wrong, and it's just a glitch).

If it's not a glitch, I expect the standard of customer service help to remain at the lower level that we've seen with calling eBay CS (as opposed to the higher level that one sees with eBay CS calling the eBay member). eBay may have decided on this as a cost-cutting measure, since they can't charge for administering the collection and remittance of GST.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I think it would also be nice if eBay had a subforum here where they actually answered questions and where everybody could participate. A *real* "Chat with eBay staff" so to speak, not like the one that already exists.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I'm getting the option today, so maybe it was a temporary thing.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

So am I; I hope that was the last of the Brigadoon effect on Have us call you.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

image host
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

I think it would also be nice if eBay had a subforum here where they actually answered questions and where everybody could participate. A *real* "Chat with eBay staff" so to speak, not like the one that already exists.

They did.

It was for sellers, ran once a month for an hour in the middle of the day (thus excluding anybody with a day job), they selected the topic (usually motherhood stuff that any competent month-old seller would already have known), and the answers parroted the party line.

The last one was in September last year.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

eilja91
Community Member

Call 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply