ebay ends 15% purchases off early

ebay fails again 

ebay offered 15% off purchases  Quote "Max discount $300 per transaction; 2 transactions per person allowed. Ends 31 Dec" and now have ended the promotion early so anyone who had been buying items from several different seller to reach the taget amount of purchases of $150 in the hope of getting a 15% discount at checkout will be disappointed . Another dismal failure from eBay

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

image.jpegNo email notification, or eBay messages, either. To see it had been ended, I had to go the eBay home page, which I never do as a rule. Thanks eBay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

I have seen mentioned elsewhere that if you phone eBay, they will honor the discount because they ended it without notice and many are complaining.  However, I would make the phone call first before making further purchases..

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

It has completely disappeared from the Home page now.....not even the fact that it has now ended.

It was there early this afternoon and now it has gone.

I am very annoyed as I was in the middle of making up an order to buy later tonight.

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Not happy Jan Woman Sad

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

Dammit! I just bought something for $140 and was hoping to win another of their items tomorrow which will probably go for around the same (there's a $25 BIN item that I'm interested in so would have bought that if I didn't win the other auction). I wonder why they ended it early? Too many people taking advantage? I suppose if 100,000 people bought enough to get the maximum discount of $300, that's a lot to have to fork out (not that they can't afford it or anything).

I'm going to plead ignorance and try the code tomorrow. If it doesn't work, I'll call them in my dinner break tomorrow night. Does anyone who uses the phone app know if the alert shows up on that to say it's ended?

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

I think, the TERM AND CONDITION CAN BE REVISED ANYTIME TO SUIT EBAY... not buyers as usual. Surely alot of people have to finalize the transactions without the 15% off. , and more 10% FVF goes to ebay for sure.!!!  I am sure , ebay would not use the 15% off as a bait ? yeah no for sure...

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

Drats. I was going to buy tonight too and take advantage off it. Never known a promotion to end early like that before.

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

*tippy*toes* ....  If 100,000 people bought enough to get the maximum discount of $300 ...and missed out on the 15% off, someone still have to pay the FVF or alot of cancelation . One more thing, after you call ebay, could you post the out come. Thanks

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

Everyone, I am just as **bleep** as you that Ebay Australia choose to end the 15% discount 18 hours early. It is a misleading of advertising and its against the Australian Consumer law. If everyone goes to ACCC and lodge a complaint, they will have to be investigated. I recieved an offical ebay reply citing the following reasons, whcih is included in the bottom of this ACCC complaint form that I lodge tonight. I urged everyone who gives a damn about our cosumer rights being ripped off by EBAY AUSTRALIA to take actions. 

You can make a complaint to ACCC using this link https://www.accc.gov.au/…/contact-t…/consumer-complaint-form

This is my form I filled in. This is not right, big companies cannot overwrite consumer laws like Australian laws just doesn't apply to them.

Happy for you to copy and paste my complaints. I might see if I got the energy to start a petition tonight too. You just don't toy with the consumer expectation of the Australian Ebay Australia!.

*Copy to the body of the copmlaint form*

EBAY AUSTRALIA being Misleading consumer in their advertising of their sale.

Ebay advertised 15% off sitewide with purchase over $150 ends on 31 Dec 2015 Midnight. Then it cuts the sales on 30 Dec 1pm without notice and changed T&C citing the following as reasons. The original advertising on the site therefore is misleading, fraudulent and deliberately misguiding Australia Consumers on their Australia ebay website.

This is the link to the revised T&C at 2pm stating the end of the 15% sale
http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/celebrate2015

This is the response from ebay offical accounts when I questioned why the 15% sale was cut without notice to customers.

Hello, due to the popularity of the 15% site wide promotion there were concerns around the stock levels leading to customer experience. As eBay always strives to offer the best customer experience for its buyers, a decision has been made to end the sale early at 1pm on the 30th December. Thanks!

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply