for a faulty item what should the customer have to pay $12.15 postage and not get re-embursed

jpsy1842
Community Member

i purchased a hose caddy that buckled when a hose was applied. i sent back to supplier for a refund which was received but not the postage - copy of receipt send back with item. why should the customer pay for item return - very unfair.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

for a faulty item what should the customer have to pay $12.15 postage and not get re-embursed

As far as I am aware, if an item is not as described.not fit for intended purpose ,and you follow the correct eBay procedure, the buyer does not pay for the return postage

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item?id=4041

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

you should not return an item until you get a return postage voucher from the seller.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Which only works within Australia. No international seller can give you a valid postage label.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

jpsy1842
Community Member
No. Item was faulty and supplier refused to reimburse my postage of $12.15. They said it wasn’t faulty but the bent and twisted arm indicates that is incorrect
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

jpsy1842
Community Member
I not aware of this
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

jpsy1842
Community Member

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If you open an eBay dispute, it is not up to the seller,eBay decide and almost always in 99% of cases, side with the buyer

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply