how do I buy more than one item on a site and combine postage

Hello

Can you please tell me how to purchase more than one item on a site and combine postage?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It can sometimes depend on the individual seller, as some have immediate payment required on their items and that means each one has to be paid for separately.

Otherwise, if you don't have the cart function as yet (it is supposed to be implemented across all accounts on the site by now, but I only have it available on one of my accounts), you will need to confirm the purchase of each item, then either request a new invoice from the seller, or - if their discounts are applied automatically - proceed to checkout once all of the items you want are purchased.

If by any chance you're using a mobile app, it doesn't seem to allow multiple purchases to be paid for at checkout, but if you can switch to the classic site, it will generally solve the issue. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

"Request Total From Seller" to get combined postage from seller Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Some sellers will combine, some wont, as the sale price is often lowered and built into the postage cost. As you will notice, some of the postage charges are well over and above what they truly cost. In saying that though, the seller has the right to factor in packaging and labour time to send the item. Best is to contact the seller and ask if they will combine postage for multiple items, as it saves them on time also.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Keep in mind that "Combined Postage" means different things to people , some sellers combine into the same parcel if possible , others might give you a discount of $1 on the additional postage costs for each item etc . ( and possibly the postage will still be around the first items cost)

Read the full listing and message the seller if your not sure , replies  that say "yes we combine postage" still leave it open to interpretation so be specific in how much postage will be.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I'm probably asking a really stupid question here, but if you're purchasing from eBay are you buying from the same seller?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

No you are not purchasing from the same seller.  Ebay is an advertising platform that allows many sellers to advertise their items for sale.

Your ebay ID as a member is *tay** and every ID you see on the boards has the potential to be a seller...there are thousands of them.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply