6 REPLIES 6

how do I talk to someone from ebay about returning item

you start by talking to the seller first

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

As said, talk to your seller.

You don't buy from eBay.

Sellers advertise on eBay, similarly to a newspaper and you select the seller based on their product and past feedback.

You are then buying from an individual or a shop listing items here on eBay.

If it is a change of mind or you didn't read the listing properly, you will need to pay return postage back to the seller providing the seller accepts returns. Look at the original listing.

If the item is not working or not as described by the seller then the seller will usually send you a postage label to return the item for a refund. If the seller is not helpful in this case, you can open a case in eBay for INAD.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

how can i talk to someone about an item i bought and it dont work so could you give me a call

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

the item that i ordered didnt work and i would like a Refund

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

1. You're in the US and are posting on the Australian forums. Go up to the address bar and remove the .au to get back to the US.

2. Never put your phone number into a public forum, that's asking for trouble.

3. You can't name and shame on the forums.

4. Open a dispute for item not as described

5. Welcome to Australia! upside down smiley.gif

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@marlenwetze2 wrote:

the seller was SamAuto and the item that i ordered didnt work and i would like a Refund

I don't know if US ebay is exactly the same but surely it must be fairly similar.

Over here, if something you buy is faulty and does not work, you could open an 'item not as described' claim directly with ebay, explain the problem and probably get a refund.

Go to the Help tab and you should be able to find details on how to return an item.

You can also contact the seller directly but if they try to give you the run around or refuse a refund, open a claim directly with ebay. Just writing on a board like this won't do it. We're just random people like you, we don't work for ebay.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply