how to fix access denied to ebay

Having Access Denied problems after logging into www.community.ebay.com.au. I can only view all lists & messages, I can't access my eBay summary, I can't add anything to cart, I can't buy anything, I can't even look at purchasing history, I can't provide feedback, I can't check which sales I'm waiting for deliveries on in case it does not get delivered & I would have to let eBay know.

I'm using Waterfox browser, I've cleared cache, history, updated to the latest flash, I've gone into the flash manager & set that up, I've ran ccleaner to clean **bleep** off the computer, checked the registry etc & nothing works, I've tried on Internet Exploder & nothing works. I've contacted eBay support & they are aware of the problem although denying anything at first, they have stated that they will make this a priority but really all of us who are having this problem have not got time to waste with this happening.

If anyone has a proper answer to why this is happening & a sure fired fix then please provide an answer. There is no point that many people reply to this saying that they have had the same problem as that does not answer the problem. Only reply if you have a way to fix the problem, don't become a part of the problem by getting in the way posting the same thing as i've done.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I'm going to get rid of windows 10 & go back to 8.1 & see if that will fix it as I have a friend with win 8.1 who has no problems getting into eBay. Perhaps it's a problem caused by win 10 & if that don't fix it then I'll try Linux Mint.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Changing operating systems from windows 10 to windows 8.1 did not fix the problem.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

I presume you've tried clearing cookies and cache and then rebooting your computer. I run both Firefox and Chrome on Win 7 and have never had this problem, but I regularly run the system cleanup and the defrag provided by microsoft with my computer.

I also use ccleaner and malwarebytes (both free downloads), I'm wondering if it's possibly a malware problem that you have?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

I have no idea what was causing my pc  & my phone were both unable to connect to ebay website & avg website. Microsoft took control of my pc while using Win10 & couldnt find the problem. My isp couldn't find the problem, ebay couldn't find the problem but one by one both websited fixed themselves.

The was never fixed, the problem just disappeared with no one being able to resolve it. All technician said that the things that were happening were impossible but they knew it was happening. I tried many many different things, all the suggestions that many people said. It was like I was being blocked by some person who was playing games with my pc.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Ive got the same problem myself now for some unknown reason. Frustrating to say the least. I use ebay a lot but maybe as you say now just leave alone as tried cleaning, cookies and everything else. :-0 

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

I have that problem now - did yours fix itself?

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

I have the same problem as you, but doday i discoverd that Access Denied on most sites that youll try to check the cataloguess (   woolworth, Tasman Butchers, Rays Outdoors, Kmart, and a few more Catalogues) so the problem might be with the URL      addresses related to cataloguess

@mlee9031 wrote:

Having Access Denied problems after logging into www.community.ebay.com.au. I can only view all lists & messages, I can't access my eBay summary, I can't add anything to cart, I can't buy anything, I can't even look at purchasing history, I can't provide feedback, I can't check which sales I'm waiting for deliveries on in case it does not get delivered & I would have to let eBay know.

I'm using Waterfox browser, I've cleared cache, history, updated to the latest flash, I've gone into the flash manager & set that up, I've ran ccleaner to clean **bleep** off the computer, checked the registry etc & nothing works, I've tried on Internet Exploder & nothing works. I've contacted eBay support & they are aware of the problem although denying anything at first, they have stated that they will make this a priority but really all of us who are having this problem have not got time to waste with this happening.

If anyone has a proper answer to why this is happening & a sure fired fix then please provide an answer. There is no point that many people reply to this saying that they have had the same problem as that does not answer the problem. Only reply if you have a way to fix the problem, don't become a part of the problem by getting in the way posting the same thing as i've done.

@mlee9031 wrote:

@mlee9031 wrote:

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

loxl7773
Community Member
Why can't I buy on ebay
Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

@loxl7773 wrote:
Why can't I buy on ebay

I don't know...can only guess.