how to track an item purchased in China ?

Can anyone assist on where I can go to track an item that was purchased from a Chinese Seller (I know I know, but couldn't find item similar here in Oz) I have tracking number & it is sayina with China Post....is there a place I can go to track like what we have here with Australia Post? Thanks

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It will not be trackable on the Australia Post website until it gets here.

Just use the China Post website.....it is in English so you won't have a problem.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks....one more quick question, is the tracing number still the smae on the Australia Post site (for when it gets here of course) ?

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Yes, it will be but it will not be trackable here until/unless AP actually scans it.

It is not uncommon to only be scanned when it is being delivered.

Just don't panic if you "lose" it from the China Post tracking....wait a few days to see if it turns up in your letterbox before deciding it is lost.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I had an item arrive yesterday that was sent via China Post 13 days before. It had several scans before it left China, then was scanned in Melbourne 4 days before delivery. I'm in rural NSW and there were no more scans after that one, including no delivery scan. I didn't track it, that's just what showed up when I clicked on the tracking number in my purchase history.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

China Post website I found often doesn't work for tracking for some reason. www.17track.net and packageradar.com both seem to work better for tracking Chinese packages (the latter might be a bit slow, but it has always come up so far).

Also, it is a good idea to ask the seller which delivery company they use because each of them have their own tracking system which might be a bit fast and more responsive.

Funny thing about Australia Post: they cannot track when the package is within China but they can sometimes start the tracking when it leaves the country, so using AP tracking isn't exactly useless from the get-go. 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

ah, grasshopper

when you can sucessfully track chinese parcel.....time it is for you to leave

oh yeah, you also gotta walk the rice paper without tearing it and take the pebble from my hand haha

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

That's not very hard.

-puts the rice paper on the floor and walks on it-

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@irathesquire wrote:

China Post website I found often doesn't work for tracking for some reason. www.17track.net and packageradar.com both seem to work better for tracking Chinese packages (the latter might be a bit slow, but it has always come up so far).

Also, it is a good idea to ask the seller which delivery company they use because each of them have their own tracking system which might be a bit fast and more responsive.

Funny thing about Australia Post: they cannot track when the package is within China but they can sometimes start the tracking when it leaves the country, so using AP tracking isn't exactly useless from the get-go. 

Nothing surprises me with the tracking on any postal service these days.

I never bother tracking anything unless it is getting too overdue.  I recently tracked one parcel from China just to see what came up as there had been several questions on the boards.

All this confirms is what I have always thought.....there is nothing about tracking a parcel that you can rely on from anywhere in the world.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

It's a pain in the **bleep**. But it can be done, esp. if you've spoken to the seller and ask about tracking.

That's pretty much going to be my standard method of operation when I buy from ebay (esp. Chinese sellers) from now on. No more "oh, I want this -click-" nonsense.

On that note, my later package has just landed in Australia in Melbourne, according to AP at two minutes after this edit. Apparently they can predict exactly when a package arrives...

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply