i have bought a crisper for my fridge was delivered cracked can't get new crisper or refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

i have bought a crisper for my fridge was delivered cracked can't get new crisper or refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply

Why not - the item arrived damaged - so open a case - for a refund or a replacement.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

What exactly did the seller say when you let them know?

Did they advise you to contact the courier? 

How was it packaged ?

Is it a business/company or just a 'average' seller?

What was the item number?

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

You will need to open a request for refund on the basis of Item Not As Described (also known as Significantly Not As Described). Youโ€™ll see these referred to as INAD or SNAD, and both mean the same thing with regard to eBay and PayPal.

Most purchases on eBay include buyer protection, but there are some exceptions. There are also - as expected - terms and conditions, and a rigid timeframe for the required actions by the buyer. This protection is provided in the form of eBayโ€™s Money Back Guarantee. I urge you to read the policy page to which I linked, and make yourself familiar with the T&Cs.

โYouโ€™re covered under eBay Money Back Guarantee when:

• You donโ€™t receive an item
    • You receive an item that doesnโ€™t match its listing
    • You receive an item thatโ€™s broken or faulty
    • The seller doesnโ€™t fulfil their return policy as stated in the listingโž

In your case, you indicate that the item is broken/cracked, and in that case, you have received "an item that's broken or faulty". (This is still INAD/SNAD.)

โWhich payment methods are eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee?

Your transactionโ€™s only protected by eBay Money Back Guarantee if you paid via eBay checkout or an eBay invoice, using an eligible payment method. PayPal payments outside of eBay, bank transfers, cheques and cash are some of the payment methods that are not eligible.

Other exclusions apply based on categories and delivery conditions [...]โž

Hopefully you paid by PayPal, credit/debit card, Afterpay, Google Pay, Apple Pay, or eBay gift card/voucher, as other payment methods are not covered by eBayโ€™s MBG.

โNot covered

The following excluded categories and listing types:

• Vehicles, Heavy Machinery
    • Real Estate, Websites & Business for Sale, Tickets
    • Digital Goods and Intangibles (with the exception of digital gift cards)
    • Classified Ads and services.โž

โWhen an item isnโ€™t significantly as described

If a buyer receives an item that doesnโ€™t significantly match the way it was described in the listing, the buyer needs to request a return. The seller should address the buyerโ€™s concern and provide a postage label so that the buyer can return the item for a replacement or refund, or otherwise offer another solution such as allowing the buyer to keep the item and providing a full or partial refund. In some circumstances, eBay may also automatically accept a return request on a sellerโ€™s behalf and require the buyer to return the item to the seller.

Buyers can ask us to step in and help if:

• The seller doesnโ€™t respond to the return request within the timelines described below
    • The seller doesnโ€™t provide a return postage label or offer another acceptable solution
    • The buyer returns the item but doesnโ€™t receive a refund or replacement from the seller.โž

What you should do is follow the procedure for requesting a return. (I always caution against requesting a replacement or waiting for a missing part to be supplied if you as the buyer are dealing with an eBay seller who is overseas (in particular in China), and more especially if the sellers has ceased to respond to you. I would not trust a seller who has acted in that way, and a refund is the only solution I would be happy to pursue in that case.)

To start the return process, look on eBayโ€™s Return an item for a refund page. The direct link to start the return process is here.

Note that for returns based on Item Not As Described / Significantly Not As Described, the seller is responsible for โ[p]roviding a return postage label or another return method that is acceptable to the buyerโž. (The buyer is not responsible for the cost of returning INAD/SNAD items.) This may be problematic if the seller is overseas, as they cannot then generate an Australia Post label.

โThe seller should address the buyerโ€™s concern and provide a postage label so that the buyer can return the item for a replacement or refund, or otherwise offer another solution such as allowing the buyer to keep the item and providing a full or partial refund.โž

A return label provided by eBay to the buyer can be used rather than a return postage label issued by the seller. This will end up being paid for by the seller:

โReturn postage costs will be added to the sellerโ€™s invoice separately if:

• The seller authorised the buyer to use an eBay return label
    • eBay provided a return label to the buyer because the seller hadnโ€™t provided a return method.โž

In some cases, the buyer can ask eBay to waive the need to return the item, if the cost of returning it via a tracked postage/shipping method is, for example, disproportionately high in comparison with the cost of the item, or if the seller is not willing to pay the return postage. In that case, the buyer should destroy the item upon receiving their refund.

โIn some instances, we may not require that an item be returned to the seller. For example, we may refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from the seller if:

• The seller has not responded to a return request, chooses not to accept a return request for a not as described item, or has not provided a return postage label or another return method
    • The item location was misrepresented
    • Itโ€™s hazardous to send back the item
    • The item no longer has a value.โž

Through the return process, the seller has the opportunity to agree to a refund (including item price and original postage, plus return postage if/as applicable), and itโ€™s then up to the buyer to return the item using the supplied postage label or using the agreed-upon postage method (it must be via a fully tracked postage method). Upon the item being returned to the seller (tracking number shows "delivered"), the seller has 3 business days to issue the refund. To make it even easier, if the buyer uploads tracking into the return request (after sending the item), eBay will automatically issue a refund once the itemโ€™s been delivered and the seller hasnโ€™t issued the refund within 3 business days.

Timeframes

You canโ€™t open a return request under eBayโ€™s MBG any later than 30 days after the itemโ€™s delivery date.

Once the request has been opened, you have 21 business days to ask eBay to step in if the seller has not given a satisfactory solution. After 21 business days, the request will automatically close, no refund will be issued, and you will not be able to re-open it.

If you are asked to return an item, you must do so within the timeframe specified. Generally speaking, โ[i]f a return is accepted, the buyer has 5 days from when the return label is provided to send the item.โž

Donโ€™t expect any leeway in the timeframes. eBayโ€™s return/refund system is automated, bot-driven, and provides the money back guarantee only if an eBay member follows its T&Cs to the letter.

You say you "can't get new crisper or refund"... and this makes me suspect you have waited too long to open a refund request on eBay.

If it is MORE THAN 30 DAYS since the crisper was delivered, it is indeed too late for eBay to help you. However, you can open a dispute through PayPal (PayPal Buyer Protection). Make sure, if that is the case, that you first of all activate Refunded Returns on your PayPal account.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

No need to keep posting new threads

Nobody here can try to help with no details, which is why you were asked in your other thread 

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying-on-eBay/i-have-had-a-crisper-for-my-fridge-delivered-cracked...

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

The two threads have been combined into one. Iโ€™m guessing a mod has done it.  

OP, come back and give us as much details about what has happened AND what you have done about it. Then we can help you, ok ๐Ÿ˜Š

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@kellybro45 wrote:

The same case happened to me when I bought a basement fridge from here. Luckily the refrigerator seller was a nice guy & gave me a replacement with ease. My experience at ebay has always been good fortunately.

That's amazing that you've experienced that but only been a member for an hour or so.

Mods, I believe this is yet another scam/phishing/spam post. Please deal with it. Thanks.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I guess they did'nt go ahead buying that car that needed to be sold by Feb 25th

Spoiler
These spamming trolls don't make it half obvious, do they?
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply