Disturbing new Ebay tracking ploy

Recently i have notice ebay is marking items as delivered when they have not been delivered. this has happened 3 times   only on overseas items . what is happening under this new ploy is when the package is transferred to the local post office (not the buyer or addressed receiver) it is being recorded by ebay as delivered which it has not. items marked this way have all been delivered with in 3 days after ebay has stated delivery . it all fine so far but whats happens when a problem with  item not  being delivered , but ebay has marked it as delivered     i will be very hard to prove on a claim . e bay must stop this practice of marking delivery early before items reach buyers address.  

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes i have noticed the same thing mainly on two packages from France . what made me aware there was a problem was when i checked the tracking after Ebay emailed me package had been delivered and left in a safe place tracking stated delivery time of 11.30 at night . i contacted post office the next day and they told me they received package at 11.30 last night and it it out for delivery this morning Ebay must fix. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

In all likelyhood it has nothing to do with ebay, no sinister ploy involved, just a simple error, where the operator of the scanner pushes the wrong button,  delivered instead of received/lodged.

What happened with your second post, that appears to be an attempt to validate your OP.

(did we forget to change acc)

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@1justforyou2 wrote:

you are wrong on both counts and not helpful to the ebay community 

The community members appear to think differently for both GP and Sandy.........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Attacking others simply because you have made a bit of an error is not the way to solve this.

All right; so you attempted to bolster your post with a supporting one, and something went wrong. You hadn't logged out of the first account. It's not a huge crime; you didn't murder someone, or embezzle money from pensioners. Man up, or woman up, laugh about it a bit, and you'll probably find that the eBay community posting here will laugh with you (not at you).

Do you want to post specific instances of overseas purchases you've made which have worried you with being marked as delivered when they haven't actually been delivered to you?

(I do suspect gutterpunkz may have hit the nail on the head with suggesting the scanner operator - courier or AP employee - might have pressed the wrong button... but there might be other possibilities.)

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@1justforyou2 wrote:

you are wrong on both counts and not helpful to the ebay community 

Go to your post office and ask them to explain it to you in mono syllables.  Then ask them to show you the common hand held scanner that they use, then if you look real close you may figure out how such a mistake so easily and regularly ocurrs .

In your second post, think about it,  you get a message says item was delivered at 11.30pm.  PO says no that is when they received it.   Again absolutely nothing to do with ebay.

As I am apparently wrong,  please explain the purpose and reasoning behind your 2nd post.   I mean I know all about people talking to themselves, but typing reply messages to themselves is not in the same ball park.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Hi  Padi:   I will put a sticker on the monitor to remind me to do better.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 🙂

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply