i wish to change a delivery date

i have just purchased a camera on ebay but the delivery date is unsuitable how can i make the delivery date sooner?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can't

The delivery date inserted by eBay is a guess, quite possibly will be longer than shown

Why did you buy it if the date is 'unsuitable' ?

Neither yourself nor the seller can control the speed of the postal service 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

As Sandy said,  you shouldny have purchased if it wasnt suitable.

But a possible life line is if the seller hasnt posted it, and you ask nicely and throw them the appropriate dollars they may send it express  post.  May,    I normally will if they ask before buying, after buying, no way 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If wishes were horses.

Grahamp, you can't always get what you wish for.

Once something is posted, how do you expect any seller to make delivery 'sooner'?

If it has not been posted, you could politely ask the seller if they could possibly send it express, but it will cost you extra.

If the item has not been posted and the seller is within 50km, you may be able to arrange pick up, but it isn't a given. If you do, let them keep any postage cost paid in return for going out of their way to cater for your mistakes.

If you're going to buy things on ebay, remember to read the ads properly and if something doesn't suit, move on, don't buy.

If you buy something from other online sites eg Myer,  Vista pint etc you're not going to get an earlier delivery date just because you decide later that the delivery window is unsuitable. You'll need to tick a box and pay extra for express post at the time of ordering. Similar on ebay.

The estimated delivery dates are there for a reason, they are not a flight of fantasy, they are a close guide to when the item is most likely to be delivered.

Make arrangements now for someone else to pick up the camera if you are going to be away.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

The estimated delivery dates are there for a reason, they are not a flight of fantasy, they are a close guide to when the item is most likely to be delivered.

And what OP (Original Poster),  needs to know is they are estimates only,  once the seller places it in AP's (Australia Posts) hand's it could take less,  but could take more as well.  And that isnt the sellers fault.

If they want it ASAP (As Soon As Possible), they need to ask the seller for express post ,  but even that is no Guarantee, and yes I know AP say it is,  but we all know it isnt.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

They are estimates but they are based on relevant stats and although things can always go wrong, I have found that 99% of the time, the ranges given are pretty spot on.

Express post might hasten things but it depends to some extent where the parcel is being sent to. If we're talking far outside the capital cities, it's going to take longer. It's definitely no guarantee that things will arrive by the desired date.

The main problem I see with grahamp's situation is he has gone ahead and bought something where he wasn't happy with the estimated delivery dates. That's on him. Completely. Not the seller's fault, not AP's fault.

In this instance, he bought when the clearly advertised delivery date range was 'unsuitable'.

I don't know, maybe he is off on a holiday and wanted a camera. But when time is critical, it is better to go into a store and buy direct.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply