is feedback allowed to be deleted?

hello,
just currious, is feedback allowed to be deleted?
an item i had oppened a dispute about was not resolved fairly i dont think, i left neutral feedback and it seems to have been removed by someone.
is this alowed?
thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay removes feedback if it offensive or especially if it mentions a dispute.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

OK thanks.
I made sure I was not offensive.. But, I did put my points across about what I considered wrong.
Maybe that was it.
What's the use off feedback if it isn't truthful.
I'm sure future buyers would like to know about issues with the seller.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

As kopenhagen said, avoid mentioning any sort of dispute. Try getting your point across without using terminology that is automatic grounds for removal.

Under the Leaving feedback for sellers help page, keep in mind that "If you decide to leave negative Feedback, make sure it's fair, factual, and relates specifically to your transaction with the seller. Remember, Feedback is about your experience with the seller โ€“ it's not a review of the product you bought."

eBay also state: "If a member has violated one of our Feedback policies, you can ask us to have it removed. Once we review it, we may remove the entire Feedback, or just the comment or the rating."

Hence, if you had to open a dispute in order to receive a refund, you can say something like, "Refunded - item not as described. Seller failed to resolve issue personally."

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

It depends on what you mean by the dispute not being resolved fairly.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply