item never arrived, opened request, no seller response. ebay closed request due to inactivity

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

item never arrived, opened request, no seller response. ebay closed request due to inactivity

One post is generally sufficient. In buying. But don't worry, the mods will eventually move one or both to the correct board.

In answer to your statement - appeal. If you want more help than that, you will need to provide a lot more (non-identifying) information than you have.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

When you say you opened a request, do you mean an item not recieved dispute?

As mentioned, you need to appeal

It is highly unusal for ebay to close a case in a seller's favour, unless they have proof of delivery 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you ask ebay to step in when there was not response from the seller?

How long was the request open before ebay closed it?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You should have escalated the case before the time ran out.

Now log into PayPal and open a case for INR in their resolution centre.

image host
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I opened a request , after 2weeks no answer and then I new message from eBay that I need to escalate the case but no option for me - after I followed instructions , I don't know what to do!?? I paid for 6 watches from 2 sellers and nothing! I wonder how safe and how is really serious protection from eBay.com.au where I done purchase!?? I would like to know more about this problem! - maybe I should not use eBay for trade anymore .!?? Hope i am wrong! Please can anyone help me!??
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

Weโ€™re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Unless the seller provides proof of delivery to the incorrect address. Then you're screwed
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply