item not received instead another item double delivered

Hi eBay Community,

I still have an unsolved problem which may sound a bit confusing but I really need to know if someone of you had a similar experience and what you would do if such a case would happen to you.

I ordered 3 different items which a seller posted on eBay, payed immediately, the deal was then finalised via the sellers eBay store. I asked if it is possible to send the items as 1 parcel, which the seller did, quick and safe packed.

After opening the parcel I realised that 1 item I bought (and needed quickly) wasn't delivered but instead was 1 item double delivered so I contacted the seller.

SELLERS REPLY:

Thanks for your purchased in our store's product and prompt email contact, We feel so sorry to hear that (note: seller refers to my email where I complaint about the not delivered item) and after the searching system, it shows that:

Shipped:
ONE: 3" LCD Viewfinder Extender View finder LCDVF For Canon NiKon (291011154728)

TWO 4 Channel Remote Hot Shoe Wireless Flash Trigger Receiver for CANON NIKON PENTAX(291116688517).
Not yet shipped :

Photography 3 in 1 Digital Black Grey White Balance Cards 18% Gray Card & Strap (301163436697)

Sincerely beg your pardon and really sorry to bring u all inconvenience. Now would u mind to help us to return one of the:4 Channel Remote Hot Shoe Wireless Flash Trigger Receiver for CANON NIKON PENTAX(291116688517). To our warehouse.
END OF SELLERS REPLY

I offered the seller to keep the double shipped item but asked for an invoice as I'm running a business but the invoice was never sent, the grey-card never delivered, seller don't answer my emails.

To make it clear, here what I paid for with my notes:

1 item 4 Channel Remote Hot Shoe Wireless Flash Trigger Receiver - $29.95 AUD
(but packed was two)
:
1 item 3" LCD Viewfinder Extender View finder … - $27.99 AUD

(correct delivered)

1 item Photography 3 in 1 Digital Black Grey White Balance Cards - AUD 12.19

(never delivered)

= Total $70.13 AUD Payment via PayPal: $70.13 AUD

As I needed the not delivered greycard urgent I had to go to the city to buy one to a higher price in a camera house. If I would send the double delivered item back to the seller I would have to pay postage and as the greycard still isn't delivered -despite the seller's promise- I lost my trust in him and don't like to risk a bigger loss as he caused me anyway. What shall I do or better asked: What would YOU do in such a case??

Thankful for any help, kind regards

SSP2014

Sue - SSP
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

1) open up an item not received with PayPal. If you get refunded the right thing to do is to return the other item. It doesn't belong to you. Be guided by what PayPal directs.

The issue of the surplus item is different outside of this INR, so not sure that PayPal can instruct you to return on reliance of a refund or supply of the right item.

if no paypal

2) tell the seller, the double item is their mistake, they need to arrange its collection from you, that it is available at any time they choose to collect (important you make it known you are not witholding this from them

make this offer 3 times 7 days apart.

if no response after 30 days or a satisfactory resolution, sell the double up for the cost of the card and the difference in price you paid for the other item from the bricks and mortar and move on.

as for the inconvenience and the need to go B&M - *shrugs* - that's the risk you take with online shopping. Sometimes things go astray, mistakes happen when you can't ophysically go and get the item. so that's really of little consequence

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

It's a bit cheeky of the seller to expect you to return the surplus item at your expense, and you are not legally required to do so. If it was me, I'd be emailing him and letting him know that I will be more than happy to return it to him once he has sent me a pre-paid satchel first. Otherwise, I will gladly hold the item in my safekeeping until such time as he arranges for somebody to collect it. The seller is in Sydney so it's not as if he has to come all the way from China to pick it up.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I wouldn't be opening a dispute. If you're happy to keep the duplicate item and you've already purchased a replacement for the missing item then I would email the seller and tell them to not worry about sending the replacement.

If they're not happy with that, then insist that they send a prepaid label or satchel to you when they ship the missing item so that you can return the duplicate item.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

It's a bit cheeky of the seller to expect you to return the surplus item at your expense, and you are not legally required to do so. If it was me, I'd be emailing him and letting him know that I will be more than happy to return it to him once he has sent me a pre-paid satchel first. Otherwise, I will gladly hold the item in my safekeeping until such time as he arranges for somebody to collect it. The seller is in Sydney so it's not as if he has to come all the way from China to pick it up.

Are you SURE about that?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

LOL - i bet that seller sells lights too.....

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

LOL - i bet that seller sells lights too.....

Rub it in Crikey...............O.K. I once bought/won some LED's from china that turned into boat anchors  (for light boats hahahaha)

........................sighs..................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Oh Padi, I didn't know.

I was referring to something that happened to me.

I bought some lights from a seller registered in sydney, he had 5 in stock item location sydney, so the listing and ebay info said.

The lights (eventually) arrived from Beijing - complete with non compliant plugs

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

My emphasis exactly. Way down there.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

No Dave, I'm not sure at all, but that's what is stated as the item Location on his listing so the OP will not be required by Paypal to return an item to anywhere other than the location specified in the listing, which is a bit of bad luck for the seller if he lied and is actually in China. 🙂
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply