item paid for then resold

myf7
Community Member

Hi all,

In the month of November, I purchased an item and paid for it straight away, I live in Melbourne  and the item was in Sydney and was pick up, with this not being the only thing on my mind I forgot leading upto CHristmas and the seller contacted me in January asking for a pickup, I humbly apologised and said it was totally my fault and that I would contact a freight company to pick up. A couple of weeks later I contacted the seller and asked for pickup details, He gave them to me with no issues, and asked that the courier contacted him prior to arriving. About a week later the seller rang me and again complained about the ntime it had taken to be picked up, I assured him that I had contacted a courier and that I could not control his pickup dates, he accepted this and said he just wanted the item out. The courier contacted the seller the following week to arrange pickup and was told too late he had resold it, even though I had paid for the item the same night I won it. I thought that the successful bidder had entered into contract with the seller, the seller does not seem to acknowledge this. I have listed my issues with the E-bay dispute centre who claim that an answer would come back 24-48 hours from now, been many days now and still nothing. Am I right in this issue, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sacko7

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

To be honest,I think you've jerked this seller around so badly,that you will most likely find yourself on a lot of sellers BBL.

The seller owes you nothing.

November to February?Oh please,give people a break.:|

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

I'm surprised that you would confess to mucking a seller about to that extent on a public forum

BBL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Assuming you paid with Paypal, your time limit for opening a case for non-receipt expired about 6 weeks ago. eBay won't do anything, as for Paypal payments the dispute has to go through Paypal.

Paypal also don't provide protection for pickup items.

I'm sorry, but you remembered to buy a pickup item 900km away from you, but forgot to arrange transport? RIGHT!

You could always ask the seller for a refund. If I was the seller, I would refund you. After deducting the original selling fees, any difference between your winning bid and the price the legitimate buyer paid, storage fees, time to scratch my backside.... Guess what?

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

myf7
Community Member

Why are you surprised, I have not had a lot of experience on e-bay, and I really appreciate the negative replies that most of you seem content in placing, thankyou to davewil1964, your comments were critical but positive, and thats all I asked for not the rest of the unnecessary that achieved nothing but gave the sender the jollies for a moment. I am human, I will not hide my issues from a public forum if I need advice like obviously some from there comments do. After reading what I could from the positives of the replies I have obviously stuffed up big time. The fact that I paid the same day I won means nothing if the people who chose to reply can belittle a newcomer. Well done people. OBviously this public forum is not the place to expose that you have made a mistake and are sorry for it, if you want help from the community.  

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

myf7
Community Member

Again I must make comments on the negativity of replies, is that what forum readers do, just wait for the chance to pounce, if you read the last sentence in my original post I asked a question if I was right and I asked for any advice ? O bviously I was wrong, and I admitted that in my second post, and again with the exception of davewil you choose to continue your

completely uncalled for comments. I have again contacted the seller , again apologised and I require no further action or refund from him. I hope that any newcomers to this forum who are after advice or comment think hard before exposing there honesty to some peolpe with little to do

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Ummmm I am sorry if I am wrong but you are not a newcomer and really should not claim to be just viewing your profile will show anyone that.

A newbie is entitled to certain mistakes and they are also expected to learn from them but to claim to be new is a fallacy..... just my 2 cents on that.

Now the matter at hand, as a seller I expect any and every item to be collected before 4 months is up. People sell things on here for different reasons, one of those being they want to get rid of the item, just because you paid for the item that does not negate the fact the seller was still holding the item some 4 months later.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

myf7
Community Member

A newcomer in the fact that I have 209 transactions on both buy and sell since 2003, the most in the last 6 months in car parts, If you view my feedback it is quite an acceptable position to be in, and feedback comments do not show that I am a trouble maker or stirrer. I want to learn from my mistakes , unfortunately I have made a big one here. But the positive criticism from your post is more beneficial to me than some of the others, they are all obvosly perfect but I am still working at i,t thanks again

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

As somebody with over 200FB you should know that eBay transactions are generally expected to be finalised in matter of days = buyer pays, seller posts within couple of business days, or for pick up items, I usually state in my listings that I require the item to be collected within 10 days (that gives 2 weekends).  I think that most people would agree that 2 weeks are just about limit of what is considered acceptable.  Many pick up only items are being sold because the seller wants them gone; they are in their way and no longer needed.

Depending on the price of the item, and if the seller is a private person or a business, you either may have a right to some refund or have no right at all.

The only thing that the seller has done wrong is that they did not give you notice in writing.  They should have send you email saying something like:  "Unless the item is collected by 18thFebruary2013, it will be considered abandoned and will be disposed off".  Now, if it it is not very expensive, they could even say that it will be disposed off at your expense and demand that you pay for it being taken away.

If the seller is a business and the item more expensive, then it gets more complicated, but to charge you storage they would have also advised you in advance, as they should if they re-sold it.  If we are talking about large sum of money, ask them for refund minus cost of re-listing etc.  You can have a look at the seller's account to see how much they sold it for (if they sold it here).

If they refuse partial refund you can try to bluff by tell them that you will hand over the matter to the police, but I do not think police would really want to get involved.  Although the seller, did not exactly give you the right notices, after all this time you are not legally or morally entitled to the full refund.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

myf7
Community Member

Thank you supa_nova, that is all I wanted as advice from this forum, I have sent the seller an e-mail apologising again, and telling him that I require no compensation whatsoever from him as the fault is entirely mine, its a shame that you coiuld not have come into the forum and made these appreciated  constructive comments before I had to read some of the earlier stuff.

Thanks again, your value to ebay should be appreciated by all 

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply