item received by..........

I bought a couple of items the week before last (with my buying ID) , both were posted promptly but when I went to give feedback I was asked if they had been received by a certain date, neither of them was but I said they were. My question is why should a seller be penalised because of ebays faith in the efficacy of Australia Post.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: item received by..........

A question a lot of sellers would like to know the answer to.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I'm not a seller pj but that is so true, and I'll guess that eBay does not have an answer for it (that they'll give you), apart from slamming the small to medium sellers.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I was thinking that the question might be something that the seller can be punished for but it has also crossed my mind that Ebay might be asking just to find out if their time frames have been out of whack as many people have been complaining about it.

I wish we could know otherwise Ebay are shooting themselves in the foot with people being so suspicious that they lie. I have not been answering the question at all when I leave feedback.

Latest reply

At least it asks you whether it arrived before the last date. My last few purchases have been from overseas and most have arrived already, even though the ETA said 31/7-7/8. They asked if it had arrived by the 7th, Well of course it has or I wouldn't be leaving feedback! Interestingly, the one domestic purchase I made last week the question wasn't there, even though it arrived well before the first ETA date.

I think a better question would be "did the seller post within their handling time".....even though that's one of the DSR's (which a lot of buyers take to mean "how long did Aust Post take to deliver".

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

This whole question was discussed on another thread (I forget which one otherwise I would give a link).

Someone actually asked ebay about this & their reply was that if a buyer answers that it was not received in the time frame, there is no defect recorded on the seller, not unless the buyer marks down the star rating or open a dispute about the item, something like that.

So.. in the meantime, unless they change their policy, I would be answering the question honestly.

Otherwise, it is just reinforcing the view the estimated dates are reasonable. Ebay reps might say-99% of our buyers say they do receive by those dates so we think we have it spot on etc

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I believe long term thinking by ebay is that it will eventually replace buyers perception rating via DSR's, at the moment it is only a trial. using tracking delivery date is provable, currently actual time of shipping is not, unless directly lodged.

Yes that means actual AP shipping time is out of sellers hands, but could affect their ratings, but buyers can still currently mark you down due to this. The current grading of "how quick was an item shipped?" is unmeasurable and buyers will still grade on how long they "felt" it took to arrive, often regardless of when tracking is uploaded. The fact that you can get defected simply because buyer asks the question after estimate expires highlight sthis

Seems like they are trying to replace one dud system with another dud system, simply because they like to fiddle too much

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply