item return

I bought an item that turned out not suited  for  the purpose I bought it for.  I have returned the item unopened to the senders address and took a photo of the parcel and receipt for post costs,  Now eBay has provided a label and a tracking number that it appears I have to use to claim a refund....Its a bit late as Ive already posted the item..What are my options here pls...  

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

item return

Why didn't you wait - follow the process. ??

Did you send back with tracking. ??

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

item return

Was there a reason you did your own thing rather than follow the correct process?

That aside. if it was unopened, how did you know it was unfit for purpose?  

Did you communicate with the seller and did they agree to you returning the item?

Have you communicated with them now?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

item return

I didnt know there was a process other than to return the item, yes I sent it back with tracking..Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

item return

The package wasn't big enough for a harp. lol

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

item return

OK I didnt want to go into too much detail..it was car parts that were listed as suitable for my vehicle. contained in a clear plastic sleeve. A visual through the plastic made it clear it wasnt for my car. So I opened the package but the actual product remained sealed...Yes I have communicated with the seller.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

item return

@julesaddiction04 wrote:

I didnt know there was a process other than to return the item, yes I sent it back with tracking..Thanks

Click on the listing... look on the right hand side.

What do you see?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

item return

It I possible to add the tracking details through your return request without using the label provided by eBay/ seller apparently https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item/return-shipping?id=4066

I don't know how well the directions in that link correspond to how it actually works as I haven't done it myself but it's a starting point. 

If you are responsible for return shipping costs then probably much of a muchness whether you use eBay label or not however if seller is meant to pay shipping costs then you may have dudded yourself ( seeing as though you have paid for shipping and refund will not contain that extra cost)

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply