itme not as described - UK TO AUS

lemo_virgi
Community Member

i bought an item from UK to AUS - through the glabal shipping programme - postage was a good price. The item was not as described. i opened a case through ebay -ebay decided in my favour so i am to return the item and get a refund. Now the seller is refusing to pay postage ( its a 10kg item in a nearly 50 cm square box) as it is expensive to post back to the UK. Can anyone suggest a cheap way to get parcels back to the UK. i've got it down to a $180 online quote and am i correct in reading that if the seller doesnt pay me the postage ebay will add it to the refund.Am having problems getting ebay to respond to my messages about this , (after their initial response saying to send item back) and customer service  say contact seller - seller says to contact ebay.- so that's going around in circles. Ebay have told me to send item back by 23rd April and i am worried if i don't the case will close and i won't  get a refund. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: itme not as described - UK TO AUS

interparcel

parceltogo

both good international couriers.

I don't know if you'll get your shipping back from ebay but don't keep corresponding with them and miss the cut off. SEND the parcel, upload the tracking and then argue the point. Someone more knowledgeable than me will come back and tell you if you are entitled to get that back.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If you made an ebay claim then seller pays return postage, depending what the item is worth seller may not want it back. Speak to ebay by phone and explain the issues with them.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I think even paypal have or are changing to seller pays return postage on snad items
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

thanks everyone. that  all helps .

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

rang customer service - the guy there was very helpful . they will escalate the case , and i can put on hold sending the item back. i think the seller has put in for me to return the item through UKebay, before it was determined that it was not as described . ( it was advertised as a 240 volt appliance and when it arrived it is actually a 110 volt appliance with a 16 amp construction site plug )  

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply