maybe scam

bmwsinh
Community Member

hi i need help someone offers me my price listing no lower then tell me to msg them by email or phone so i emailed not phone they want to buy my item at whatever cost i said to ship to them however their add says puertorico and they send me add to post in nigera and they say there gonna pay me thru paypal with my email but i insist thru ebay so they are puttting it of can anyone tell me what it is maybe there planning is it imdumb give them my paypal email im worried

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: maybe scam

a SCAM...stay well clear

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

SCAM !

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

give them nothing.

Put them on your Blocked Bidder/buyer List and stop all communications with them.

Do a google search for โ€œeBay Nigeria scamsโ€ and you will find this one in amongst the results.

Change the listing so that only Australian registered members can bid/buy.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

As others have stated, this is a scam and you need to cease communicating with this person.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Scam! Don't reply, block and report

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@bmwsinh wrote:

hi i need help someone offers me my price listing no lower then tell me to msg them by email or phone so i emailed not phone they want to buy my item at whatever cost

That automatically makes it a scam as no one is going to pay more than they need to.

i said to ship to them however their add says puertorico and they send me add to post in nigera and they say there gonna pay me thru paypal with my email but i insist thru ebay

eBay can't protect you in those cases at it would be paid with a stolen credit card or a hijacked Paypal

account and you would end up with no money.

so they are puttting it of can anyone tell me what it is maybe there planning is it imdumb give them my paypal email im worried

You know need to watch out for phishing Emails that will try and get your details and scam you so don't click

on any link in any Email if you don't trust the source.

They will also attempt to hijack your eBay and Paypal accounts so keep a close eye on those.

As a precaution run all your spy ware and virus protection and change your passwords if they aren't strong.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply