misleading listing

I brought a cover for a tablet for $11.49  and then looked for a screen protector.Came across the same cover in several listings for one seller much cheaper but take a look at the listing ...what a rort, trusted seller  my kahoocie.

title is very clear but look what happens when you choose the cover and say purple ,price jumps

Glad I went with seller  I brought off and not this one

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

misleading listing

I can't find the item number nor the seller. Is it just me?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

misleading listing

@amalan11 wrote:

I brought a cover for a tablet for $11.49  and then looked for a screen protector.Came across the same cover in several listings for one seller much cheaper but take a look at the listing ...what a rort, trusted seller  my kahoocie.

title is very clear but look what happens when you choose the cover and say purple ,price jumps

Glad I went with seller  I brought off and not this one

Lots of Asian sellers doing the same thing. I deal in fishing tackle, and they do the same. List an expensive fishing reel for a stupidly cheap price, but when you pick it from a drop down, the price escalates dramatically, as the cheap item is just a fishing reel part - or a cheap chinese junk reel.

Don't know that it's illegal, but it's sure unethical. Probaly why I refuse to buy from them....

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

misleading listing

I guess it must be a category thing.I  have not seen it before ,eBay should really stop it

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

misleading listing

This one is another prime example of deception. People have been caught out. I think they do it to get people to click on their ad.  281473251559

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

misleading listing

I just had a look at that listing, and yes, there is nothing in the drop down menu that is available for the listed cheap price of a couple of dollars, so that should ring the alarm bells loud with ebay, or is it that their ears are stuffed full of the commissions from these rogue sellers. The moment you select an item or a color, the price jumps up. It is nothing less than bait and switch, and needs to be banned.There should at least be an item there for the low price shown at the top of the listing, in this case, it is bait for the unwary.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

misleading listing

The screen protector is $2.87 (a price can't show up if there isn't an item available for that amount and in stock), the covers are all over $10 though. 

Technically, those listings are not allowed (variations in product and price are, obviously, but they're not supposed to be completely different items), but I don't think I've ever seen eBay do anything at all about the sellers who abuse the format. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply