my discount codes were applied correctly but discounts not taken off - going around in circles!

anyone idea how to actually contact help centre raather than going through lots of FAQs none of which anser the question?

any help would be gratefully received. 

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

my discount codes were applied correctly but discounts not taken off - going around in circles!

Click on the "help" button at the top of the page, select which problem applies to you, then scroll to the bottom and use the "chat with us" option.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Assuming you paid with paypal and the discount code was was applied correctly and showed before you completed checkout, there is no reason for it not to have gone though.

Have a look at the transaction in paypal....I believe you will find an entry showing the amount you have paid then the amount ebay has contributed making the grand total of the transaction that has been sent to the seller.

Many buyers don't look closely enough and assume that the total has been taken from their accounts without noticing the ebay contribution.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry - but i checked both and my bank account and no discount applied. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thankyou - but i did all of this, had a lengthy chat with a really nice person but they referred me to the general help line which seems to be here 🙂 telling me that the error couldnt be rectified becuase it was now a day after voucher expiry dates.  it had taken me 3 days to get that far!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

that was what i thought and i had checked thoroughly several times.

thanks for yur response 🙂

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Hello, thank you for tyring to help. But i have done all of this - I understand how it works and alas zilch!  

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

ps it did show but then wasnt applied despite being accepted.

im really disapointed in this as a very loyal ebayer!

sigh

out of pocket too - 

Thanks for trying to help though 🙂

Hayley

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply