paid by cc - payment not processed?

Hi all. Would appreciate some help here. Paid US seller only about an hour ago by credit card but coming up in purchase history as not having gone thru same as if not paid. Have sufficient funds so not that and CC is on file with Paypal. Noticed in seller's checkout had credit card option and merchant credit card. I paid by standard cc option as merchant cc option was greyed out and couldn't use that. What is going on here? Should I try paying again as if no detials had gone through originally? Am worried seller might be paid twice. Last page of checkout said "seller is processing your payment".

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If it is the same in the US as over here if you chose the credit card option payment the seller will probably have to process the payment manually and then mark the item as paid. If you chose credit card as the payment method that is different to choosing to pay using credit card through Paypal.

It might be best to contact the seller and ask if they are received your credit card details.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks Jen. Did not know it was a different process even though my CC is on file with Paypal
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

@sprinklespowerpuff wrote:
Thanks Jen. Did not know it was a different process even though my CC is on file with Paypal

but if you selected c/card and NOT Paypal as the payment option at checkout, the seller will have to process your card himself.

at least wait a day or 2 and maybe email him and ask when is he processing the payment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks Putney. As mentioned to Jen I didn't realise at the time I wasn't actually going through Paypal. I don't routinely pay by credit card. I contacted the seller yesterday arvo and asked whether my CC details had gone through to her but as yet have had no reply. Does this mean I have no Paypal protection for this purchase? I'm quessing it does but would like your input there. Many thanks.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

If the Merchant Credit Card facility was greyed out but you have still paid by entering your credit card details I suspect you may have made a payment as a guest through paypal.

If this is the case you still have paypal protection and can even open a dispute if necessary.  I would suggest ringing paypal and asking them to transfer the transaction into your paypal account.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal. I was signed in to my normal long-standing user ID/account not as a guest.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

But your post # 7 states you did not go through paypal.

Did you have to put in the card details or were they already pre-entered?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, Lyndal I had to enter my card details manually. I should have realised I suppose that I shouldn't have had to do that if it was going through Paypal. Was having a decidely off day yesterday that's for sure.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Oops, decidedly. Looks like I'm still "off".
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply