paypal

why is paypal charging me when i did not buy the item or go to the sellers site......

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

paypal

We are only buyers and sellers like yourself on here.  Without further details we cannot help you.  Why do you think paypal has charged you?  Have you gone to your paypal account to see what the charge is for ?  Paypal does not charge buyers, it only charges sellers.

Have you sold anything ?  You can also phone Paypal and ask them.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

paypal

As mentioned just members like yourself here with zero information we can't help

However, did you just get an email to say you had a paypal charge?

IF that is the case then it is likely to be a phishing scam. I hope you did not click on any links 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

paypal

It's not a Pitney Bowes GSP related charge is it.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

paypal

This reply is for if you received an official looking email from PayPal'

You need check the email again for signs of a phishing scam.  These include:

- not addressing you by name (they say Dear Customer or Dear User or Dear Member)

- spelling and grammatical errors

- email not from PayPal

- read this page https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340

- to see what a fake PayPal email looks like https://www.google.com.au/search?q=scam+Paypal+email&rlz=1C1CHNU_enAU450AU450&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdj_v8z_rYAhUMabwKHc9wD2oQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=687

These phishing scams are relying on you to click a link in the email to log into your account or dispute the transaction.

If you have clicked any of the links in the email to log into your PayPal account you need to:

- go to your PayPal account immediately and change your password

- transfer any PayPal Balance you have to another PayPal account (trusted friend or family)

- if you use the same password for your eBay account as your PayPal account you need to change your eBay account password

- contact PayPal by phone and report a possible breach of your account and request that they monitor any suspicious activity in coming weeks/months

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply