Voucher + Gift Card

Hello. I am asking this question out of curiosity and the intention of avoiding any foolish mistakes.

I would like some insight on the idea of utilizing an eBay gift card to make a purchase in combination with the vouchers provided by eBay. I'm a new buyer and I am uncertain if this works but I do plan on veering off PayPal unless I actually understand it is the only option.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Voucher + Gift Card

Firstly eBay Australia don't have gift cards, only th US site as far as I know, so I wouldn't know if you can use a gift card plus voucher to buy.

In reality Paypal is the only way to buy if you want buyer protection (unless the seller has merchant banking facilities)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Voucher + Gift Card

read the Terms & Conditions for the Gift Card and the vouchers

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Voucher + Gift Card

Spoiler
pssst! padi . . . . . eBay.au do now have Gift Cards . . . . . look across the top of the website page for the link
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Voucher + Gift Card

I just spotted that slr.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Happy-Anniversary-eBay-Digital-Gift-Card-25-to-200-Email-delivery/122833...

Looks like with these ones you need to have a Paypal account to use them.......................

Edit. and this for T&C's

https://www.ebay.com.au/rpp/redeem-ebay-gift-cards

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Voucher + Gift Card

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

While the terms of the Gift Cards say they can be used with ebay voucher promotions if the Terms of the voucher allow it, I have never seen a voucher that does not state that it is not to be used with Gift Cards or any other voucher code.

All the voucher codes I have seen will only work when you pay with paypal through Checkout.

Gift Cards are very new on ebay.au and I would be a bit loath to trust them yet.....most of ebays new features have teething troubles and I feel they are best avoided until they settle down.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply