pick up only

Ive bid on a listing after emailing the seller and asking if he would be prepared to post, I got a reply saying he would post for free. The item was listed free post in the description, Ive paid via paypal however now I notice the item is listed as pick up only. Have I done my money. Ive won a 2nd item but am a bit cagey about paying now.

I know Ive been around for a while but dont always manage to stay ahead of changes.

Thanks for any help offered;

Jules

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: pick up only

A bit of a tricky one, pick up items are not usually protected by paypal, but if you have the messages between yourself and the seller you should be able to contact paypal if the item does not arrive.

Rather than tryng to open INR in paypal or eBay, I would call paypal first to discuss your options if non delivery does occur.

As to the second item, if it is with the same seller, above advice still stands.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

what's the item number?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Since winning and paying for the item, have you contacted the seller to ask about post? 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I contacted the seller before bidding to confirm that he would post...he replied that he would post for free...However on the invoice the item is listed pick up only and that I have to arrange with the seller to pay for and pick up the item. Ive paid via paypal. This seller may be genuine and OK as I only paid yesterday.  Something just seemed a bit unusual so I thought I would post here.

The seller will either send or he wont, I suppose what I want to know is do I have any protection if things go pear shaped?

Thanks for your reply

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

A bit of a tricky one, pick up items are not usually protected by paypal, but if you have the messages between yourself and the seller you should be able to contact paypal if the item does not arrive.

Rather than tryng to open INR in paypal or eBay, I would call paypal first to discuss your options if non delivery does occur.

As to the second item, if it is with the same seller, above advice still stands.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply