purchases marked as delivered. they have not been delivered. seller says returned to them

Hello Everyone, 

Purchased three items from the same seller on 17th February. The purchase was marked as delivered on 21st February. 

Ebay: as far as they are concerned, it has been delivered. 😞  No assistance from them whatsover.

I contacted Australia post because it certainly had not been delivered to us here. I contacted the seller to ask them to look into it.  They let me know the purchase was returned to them, with the reason being Australia post could not deliver it.  Which is quite odd. 

The seller has said they have re posted. I asked if there was a new tracking number for the re post. No response. 😞 

Not the first time purchases have been marked as delivered when they have not been.  Nothing seems to change, no matter how many times you ask a business to not mark your purchases as delivered when they have not been. The stress this causes is not pleasant.  Is there anything else we can do?  

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

purchases marked as delivered. they have not been delivered. seller says returned to them

All you can do is wait for the seller to send another tracking number.

I would also contact AP and see if there is truth to what the seller said AP told them.

image host
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks Kopenhagen. 

I have since heard back from the seller.  They said they have re posted. I asked for the tracking number. They said no new tracking number, same one.  Message said they just handed the parcel back over to the post office and apparently it was placed into deliveries.

This all seems so odd.  😞

thought with a re posting, there has to be a new tracking number.  This was quite an expensive purchase.  I have a case open with Australia post regarding this. I haven't heard from Australia post yet, except a message saying this is the busiest time of year for them. 

However, we will contact them again. 

Going through history when this has happened. It is always the expensive purchases that are marked as delivered when they have not been.   Always an enormous amount of stress to resolve. 

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry, four items purchased from the same seller.  Not three.  

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I have since heard back from the seller.  They said they have re posted. I asked for the tracking number. They said no new tracking number, same one.  Message said they just handed the parcel back over to the post office and apparently it was placed into deliveries.

Actually that is not so odd.

If the seller has shown the address is correct then it could have been an AP error in which they will attempt re-delivery.

image host
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I would be concerned with the short timeframes.

It would only have been posted on Monday, yet it's back with the seller on Friday. AP generally don't do RTS in less than weeks. I can only surmise it was bounced at the first sorting centre it encountered.

I would wait, but I would also keep an eye on claim times for eBay MBG. You still have weeks on that, but don't let the seller string you along for more than that.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I had an item I had sold,  returned to me this week. Tracking also showed delivered, but when you check the number in the AP site, yes it shows delivered................But to me ( the sender ). In this case it was my fault, Long story short...............I sent it to the wrong country...Smiley Surprised

OOOPS.......That cost me a bit.

It all sounds a bit suss to me, like the seller stuffed up the address, but is not game to admit it. Hopefully they have got it right this time and it arrives safetly without any further mix ups.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

No odd, I have had packages returned back to me, as AP read the wrong address. I just put it through the system again with same tracking. And it was delivered safely.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I have also had them read the return address as the delivery address and the item was sent back to me, some post office staff obviously don't know the word "sender"
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks davewil1964,  The short time frame is confusing. Ebay won't assist.  To them, an item marked as delivered, is delivered, even when it has not been. 😞  It is wrong of ebay to behave that way.  The seller said they have sent via express post. If so, should be here by Friday March 1st. If not, will begin the refund process, and hopefully will not have to escalate this into something further.  😞

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply