query re item description and photo

I recently won item #200825707572, the description in the title states cream and the photo shows up on my monitor as a larger cream jug & smaller yellow jug. I ended up receiving two yellow jugs and as it was the larger white jug I was wanting I contacted seller- his reply was

I'm sorry you are disappointed. However they are the only two jugs I had so they are definitely the same ones. My description says "matching" and "cream" not white or yellow and photos are photos. If you were after something in particular you could hace checked by email to confirm. My suggestion would be to re-list one or both yourself, you may even do better

I didn't feel it necessary to contact seller re colour as I was going by both description and photo- is the larger jug showing up as yellow to anyone else, what is my next step.

thanks

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Definitely looks cream & states cream in both heading & listing itself.

JMO but I'd be pretty possed off to receive yellow.

You could open an item not as described dispute through Paypal blah blah

And JMO but they wouldn't be getting positive feedback from me.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

On this screen the small one looks yellow and the large one cream, on my laptop the small one looks cream and the large one white so go figure.

As I am off to Specsavers in a minute or three to pick up my new glasses.....................;-);-)

As the seller states they are matching and they look to be different colours I would have contacted them for clarification before bidding but they may look the same on your monitor.

To win a Paypal dispute they would have to be significantly not as described and Paypal would very possibly find in the seller's favour, you would anyway have to return them at your on expense by registered post even if you won so the seller's suggestion that you resell is a good one.

If they are in good condition then I would perhaps not go as far as a neg but I would certainly leave a neut and a very low star rating for description and communication.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for that, I'm glad it's not  just me that sees it as cream.

I paid by PayPal and will start an item not as described dispute,

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

When I read matching I assumed (wrongly)  that the seller meant

style and maker, and as I had read cream in title and was seeing a cream jug in photo that is what I thought I was buying. I don't sell on ebay, so I might just leave it for the weekend and take another look at things on Monday. thanks

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

The problem is that if you make a claim through PP you will be required to send them back registered at your expense. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

they are actually both cream, the smaller one is very heavily crazed and been used for custard or gravy which has seeped in thru the crazing, discolouring the cream to a muddy yellow.  if you check the handle or the rim at the base, you'll prob see the original colour

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

And starting a case can often spur the seller to offer a solution before you need to escalate to a claim. Good luck.

image host
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

The condition of the smaller jug isn't that great, but as it was the 

larger jug I was after it doesn't matter, while I am annoyed I will

leave appropriate feedback  and onsell at a later date. thanks

everyone 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

the seller probably meant 'cream jug' as distinct from a 'milk jug' or a 'water jug'

they look different colours to me in the photo?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply